Featured Stories

Other Pamplin Media Group sites

Manhunt leads authorities to Troutdale park


Former Beaverton teacher on the run after conviction for possessing child porn

Federal agencies are searching for a former Beaverton middle school teacher who cut off and discarded his court-ordered monitoring bracelet at a Troutdale park hours after being convicted of federal child pornography possession charges.

Logan Storm, 36, who had been staying with his parents in Southeast Portland, did not appear for a detention hearing on Wednesday, Jan. 30, said Gerri Badden, spokeswoman for the U.S. Department of Justice.Logan Storm

After discovering the bracelet at Lewis and Clark State Park near Troutdale, a warrant was issued for Storm’s arrest, the U.S. Marshals Service reported. Members of the agency’s Oregon Fugitive Task Force, along with other agencies, are actively searching for the former Stoller Middle School math teacher.

Authorities are asking the public to be on the lookout for Storm’s green Ford F-150 pickup with the Oregon license plate 726 CKA.

Storm was convicted by a jury on Tuesday, Jan. 29, in U.S. District Court of one count of possessing child pornography.

Following the verdict, prosecutors argued that Storm should remain in custody until his Monday, April 8, sentencing date, citing that he was a flight risk.

In July 2010, following a tip from his then-girlfriend, officers served a warrant to search Storm’s North Portland home and found several images of child pornography on a personal computer and thumb drive.

Some of the images involved girls as young as 5 years old.

Shortly after the raid, Storm fled the country for Europe and stayed there for several months. But he was arrested in February 2011 at Portland International Airport after getting off his flight.

Senior U.S. District Judge Ancer Haggerty, however, sided with the defense who said Storm had complied with the pre-trial release conditions and had not fled since being released from jail more than a year ago, Badden said.

Instead, Haggerty ordered that Storm, who already gave up his passport, had to wear an electronic monitoring bracelet.

Storm faces a minimum of seven years and three months in prison.

In 2011, Storm faced an additional charge of first-degree sex abuse, which involved two victims who were younger than 14 years old. That charge was later dropped to allow federal prosecutors to proceed with their case, but it could be revisited.

Anyone with information on Storm’s whereabouts should contact the U.S. Marshals Services at 503-326-2209.