crime log for this week's paper
• A thief stripped a 2003 blue Honda Civic of its $800 set of tires and rims while it was parked Saturday and Sunday at the Birch Pointe Apartments in the 17000 block of Northwest Cornell Road.
• A thief shattered several windows of a Scion TC parked Friday night at John's Incredible Pizza in the 9000 block of Southwest Hall Boulevard and stole a $700 laptop computer.
• A thief smashed a $300 window of a 2011 Chevrolet parked Friday night at Sunset Lanes in the 12000 block of Southwest Walker Road and stole a $1,400 laptop computer, U.S. passport and checkbook.
• A vandal used a broken, wood shovel handle to shatter three windows of a Toyota Camry parked early Friday morning at an apartment complex in the 10000 block of Southwest Conestoga Drive. Nothing was reportedly stolen from the vehicle.
• A thief snatched three diamond rings left unattended Jan. 5 in the women's locker room at the Harman Swim Center in the 7000 block of Southwest Scholls Ferry Road. The thief got away with a $4,000 platinum ring, $250 white gold ring and $3,000 platinum ring.
• A thief smashed a window of a 2006 Ford sedan parked Jan. 3 in a parking garage in the 4000 block of Southwest Watson Avenue and snatched a $50 Tinkerbell purse containing a wallet, $7 in cash, food assistance cards and a driver's license.
• A thief shattered a window of a Ford Fusion parked Jan. 3 at the Garden Home Recreation Center in the 7000 block of Southwest Oleson Road and stole a purse containing four credit cards, a $250 cellphone and driver's license. The thief then used the stolen credit cards to make fraudulent purchases.
• A vandal targeted a men's bathroom Jan. 3 inside the Goodwill store in the 12000 block of Southwest Westgate Drive. The vandal used a black pen to tag a stall with 'DRG,' 'DRG 4187' and 'Dope Rap Graffiti.' The vandal also scratched two sets of initials into a mirror. The vandal caused $150 worth of damage.
• A thief removed $2,000 worth of copper wiring from a billboard behind an Oregon Department of Transportation building in the 18000 block of Northwest Evergreen Parkway. The theft took place sometime between Dec. 20, 2011, and Jan. 3. The culprit caused about $500 in damage to the billboard itself.
• Sometime between Dec. 20, 2011, and Jan. 3, a vandal smashed two windows of an outbuilding in the 15000 block of Southwest Nora Road. Both windows were about 20 feet above the ground. The vandal tossed a galvanized pipe through one and another object through the second window. It will cost about $100 to replace the windows.
• A thief shattered a $166 window of a Ford Escape parked Jan. 1 and 2 at an apartment complex in the 14000 block of Southwest Scholls Ferry Road and stole a $150 iPod, pair of ear phones and a $40 purse.