* A vandal shattered a $250 window of a Ford Windstar parked early Monday morning at the Blue Iguana in the 3000 block of Southwest Cedar Hills Boulevard.
* Beaverton police arrested an 18-year-old Aloha man Sunday after video footage caught him on tape setting a trashcan on fire in the laundry room adjacent to the management office of the Courtyard at Cedar Hills apartment complex in the 13000 block of Southwest Electric Avenue. Omar Almashadani was lodged in the Washington County Jail on first-degree arson, criminal mischief and burglary charges. An upstairs tenant discovered the fire just after 12:30 a.m. Saturday when he returned home to find a fog of smoke and a burning plastic smell in his apartment. He reportedly searched through the apartment looking for the source of the fire before heading downstairs and finding black smoke filling the laundry room. He called 911 and a Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue crew responded to the scene. In the meantime, the tenant's wife threw down their personal fire extinguisher, and he ducked under the smoke to empty the contents of the extinguisher on the base of the 6-foot-high orange flames. Upon arrival, firefighters ensured the fire was completely extinguished. The fire destroyed the $130 trash can and caused about $1,500 in damage in smoke damage to the carpet in the apartment above the laundry room. The property manager reviewed surveillance video and told police he recognized the suspect as someone who lived in a neighboring apartment complex until recently. Police contacted the assistant manager for that complex, who provided them with the suspect's forwarding address. Officers then tracked him down at a local pawn shop.
* Police arrested a Washington couple Sunday night after they reportedly dropped off fraudulent prescriptions for Oxycodone and Methadone at the Walgreens Pharmacy at 14600 S.W. Murray Scholls Drive in an attempt to have it filled. Employees became suspicious and watched the suspects drive away from the scene in a 2012 Nissan Altima. The witnesses called police and provided officers with descriptions and the direction the vehicle was traveling. Police tracked down the suspects at a nearby Dotty's restaurant in the 12000 block of Southwest Scholls Ferry Road, where they were sitting at a table with a laptop computer, printer and multiple fake IDs with the same photograph and bogus prescriptions. Police arrested Kristine Levon Ruark, 34, on an outstanding felony warrant for failing to appear on a prescription fraud charge and charged her with possession of the controlled substance methamphetamine, two counts of identity theft, first-degree forgery and two counts of first-degree criminal possession of forged instruments. Police also arrested Erick J. Denzler, 49, and charged him with first-degree forgery, identity theft, first-degree criminal possession of a forged instrument and criminal possession of a forgery device. Both were lodged in the Washington County Jail. Evidence collected from the vehicle revealed the two had also struck at a Walgreens in Lake Oswego and Tigard.
* Sometime between Feb. 6 and Saturday, someone shattered a window of a vacant home in the 13000 block of Southwest Sixth Street.
* A thief smashed a $300 window of a Cadillac Escalade parked Friday at Crunch Fitness in the 8000 block of Southwest Cascade Avenue and snatched a brown purse containing a driver's license, $299 digital camera, $300 iPhone, $50 car key, $48 in cash and two debit cards.
* A vandal tagged an unfinished wood fence with graffiti Friday in the 12000 block of Southwest Tarpan Drive. The vandal used white spray paint to tag the word 'Dope' over the top of the same word and draw an arrow pointing down to the ground. It will cost the owner about $50 to repair the damage.
* A thief shattered a $250 window of a Honda Odyssey parked Friday night at the Stockpot Restaurant in the 8000 block of Southwest Scholls Ferry Road and stole a $50 briefcase and $35 in cash.
* A thief smashed a $500 window of a 2009 Mazda parked Feb. 8 in the 4000 block of Southwest 117th Avenue and stole a bag containing $200 worth of clothing and a $100 iPod.
* A vandal threw a rock at a $1,000 glass door of a home Feb. 8 in the 8000 block of Southwest Bridletrail Avenue. The victim has had ongoing issues with an unknown suspect throwing rocks at her home. On Feb. 7, that person threw another rock, breaking a $500 front window.
* A thief entered an unlocked Lexus 250 parked Feb. 7 in the driveway of a home in the 16000 block of Southwest Ivy Glenn Street and stole all of the items out of the glove box, including the vehicle's operational manual, service records, receipts and $10 in change.
* A thief shattered a $200 window of a Ford Excursion parked Feb. 6 and 7 in the 7000 block of Southwest Sylvan Court and stole a $200 iPod.
* A vandal keyed the passenger side of a 2005 brown Lincoln LS parked Feb. 6 in the 14000 block of Southwest Millikan Way and caused $1,000 worth of damage to the vehicle.
* A thief smashed a $300 window of a Toyota Highlander parked Feb. 6 in the 14000 block of Southwest Millikan Way and stole its $200 navigation system.
* A thief rode off with a $350 silver Trek Hybrid bicycle Feb. 5 that the victim left outside on the driveway of his friend's house in the 13000 block of Southwest Whistling Way while he went inside to watch the Super Bowl.
* A thief stole a $2,500 fully enclosed 5-foot by 8-foot trailer Feb. 3 from the nonprofit organization Compassion First in the 1000 block of Northwest 167th Place.
* A vandal used white and black spray paint Feb. 1 to tag the west side of an abandoned home in the 9000 block of Southwest Denney Road. The graffiti was 6 feet tall and stretched across 6 feet of the building. It was unreadable.
* A thief entered a Chevrolet Tahoe parked Jan. 23 in the 7000 block of Southwest Wilson Avenue and stole a $100 iPod, $100 navigation system and two sets of $400 golf clubs.