Mobile home destroyed, but no one was hurt in Feb. 18 fire

Washington County Sheriff's Office detectives arrested three suspects in an apparent arson case that destroyed one mobile home in Aloha and heavily damaged another.

One of the suspects owned the home where the fire was started, investigators said.

Deputies arrested Justin Indiveri on March 8 in Beaverton. Roxane Hall and Hayley Wegman were arrested on March 9 in Hillsboro. All three were booked into the Washington County Jail on accusations of arson.

On Saturday, Feb. 18, at 6:51 p.m., Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue crews responded to a mobile home fire in the 700 block of S.W. Concord Way in the Heritage Mobile Home Park in Aloha.

The mobile home was fully engulfed in flames, and the rear of the residence next door was also on fire. Firefighters quickly evacuated the family members, who were not aware the house was on fire, said Sgt. David Thompson, sheriff's office spokesman.

Investigators conducted witness interviews and processed material evidence, determining the fire was not an accident and started with an accelerant. Due to potential criminal activity, a Washington County Sheriff's detective joined the investigation team.

After an extensive investigation, the team identified three suspects in the case. Roxane Hall, 48, owned the mobile home that was set on fire. Investigators say Hall hired two of the park's residents to arrange for her mobile home to be set ablaze, Thompson reported from the investigation reports.

Hall reportedly contacted 20-year-old Hayley Wegman and asked her if she would talk to her roommate, 19-year-old Justin Indiveri, about setting her house on fire, according to reports. Hall agreed to pay each of them $3,000 from the resulting insurance settlement.

Wegman and Indiveri agreed to the deal, and Indiveri apparently set the fire six days later by igniting a phone book sprayed with bug repellant. Hall's mobile home was a complete loss, although she had moved all her belongings in the weeks before the fire, Thompson said.

The home next door suffered extensive damage, but no one in the family was injured. Following the fire, firefighters conducted outreach to more than 100 nearby residents, many of whom felt unsettled by the recent fires, Thompson said. Firefighters also installed several working smoke alarms.

Contract Publishing

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine