Daily News Where you Live
Aloha fire contained to garage
Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue and Hillsboro Fire Department extinguished a fire in the garage of an Aloha home Sunday afternoon.
A neighbor called 9-1-1 at 12:25 p.m. to report thick smoke coming from the roof of a residence at 20135 S.W. Newcastle Drive.
With a quick attack, firefighters were able to prevent the fire from spreading to the inside of the home, according to TVF&R officials.
The homeowner and a child evacuated safely before firefighters arrived.
The home contained smoke alarms but no fire sprinkler system.
The cause of the fire remained under investigaiton.