Daily News Where you Live
Fires displace adults, dogs at two fires
Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue recently doused two fires in the Beaverton area, each of which temporarily displaced two adults and a dog.
A passerby reported a fire on Southwest Avalon Drive near Westview High School just after 8 a.m. Thursday.
Fire crews knocked the fire down quickly and no one was home besides a dog, which was not injured.
The likely cause of this July 30 fire has been determined to be an electrical failure in the attic.
A day earlier, on Wednesday, July 29, crews doused a blaze that burned part of the yard and porch of a mobile home on Southwest 124th Avenue, near the intersection of Allen and Hall boulevards in Beaverton.
Fire crews were able to distinguish this fire before it consumed the inside of the home.
In both cases, the American Red Cross responded and provided assistance after both fires.