Whats happening - July 28 through Aug. 4
- Lake Oswego Review - News
THURSDAY, JULY 28
· NORTHWEST ASSOCIATION OF BOOK PUBLISHERS - 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Fairfield Inn, 6100 S.W. Meadows Road. A group of independent publishers that has been meeting since 1982.
· WEST LINN PUBLIC LIBRARY TEEN EVENT - 2 p.m. 1595 Burns St. Make art at your library.
· MARYLHURST TOASTMASTERS - 6:30 p.m. Baxter Hall, Marylhurst University. Open to all. Meets each Thursday. Info: http://www.marylhursttoastmasters.org.
FRIDAY, JULY 29
· RUMMAGE SALE - 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Lake Oswego United Methodist Church, 1855 South Shore Blvd. Continues Saturday.
· TECH SEMINAR - 6:30 p.m. AR Auto Service, 16088A Boones Ferry Road, Lake Oswego. Owner and racer Eddie Nakato will present a free seminar on the world of wheels and tires. Info: 503-697-3311.
SATURDAY, JULY 30
· GARDENS OF EATIN': EDIBLE LANDSCAPING, A METRO NATURAL GARDENING WORKSHOP - 10 to 11 a.m. Hughes Water Gardens, 25289 S.W. Stafford Road, Tualatin. Blending edibles and ornamentals, salad-boosting herbs and flowers. Includes complimentary coupons and publications. Free, but registration required at 503-638-1709. Info at www.oregonmetro.gov/gardenworkshops.
· CLACKAMAS COUNTY FOOD DRYING CLASS - 10:30 a.m. to noon. OSU Extension Annex, 200 Warner-Milne Road, Oregon City. Food dehydration pioneer Deanna DeLong will cover basics of food drying. $10. Preregistration required at 503-655-8631, or http://extension.oregonstate.edu/clackamas.
MONDAY, AUG. 1
· MONDAY VOLUNTEER GROUP - 8:30 a.m. to noon. Meet at tool shed in gravel parking lot at Mary S Young Park, West Linn. Invasive species removal. Bring your own work gloves. Tools provided. Lorie, 503-803-0678.
· JOB SEEKERS SUPPORT GROUP - 4 to 6 p.m. Marylhurst University Baxter Hall. Lynn, 503-699-6271.
· LAKE OSWEGO TOASTMASTERS - 6:30 to 8 p.m. 17377 S.W. Boones Ferry Road #200. Guests should arrive at 6:15 p.m. Website: www.lakeoswegotoastmasters.com.
TUESDAY, AUG. 2
· SCRABBLE CLUB - 6:45 p.m. Lakewood Center, 368 S. State St. Meets every Tuesday. Info: Ruth Hamilton, 503-675-7663 or visit www.portlandscrabble.org
· WEST LINN/OREGON CITY CHESS CLUB - 7 to 10 p.m. Meets every Tuesday in the basement of Pioneer Adult Community Center, 615 Fifth St., Oregon City. Brian, 503-744-0997.
WEDNESDAY, AUG. 3
· STAFFORD ADULT CHOIR - 3:45 to 4:45 p.m. Stafford Boutique Retirement Community, 1200 Overlook Drive. Choir directed by Donna Kagan. Refreshments served following practice. Call Rita to register: 503-496-3729.
· CASA OF CLACKAMAS COUNTY - 6 to 7 p.m. 1001 S.W. Molalla Ave., Suite 203, Oregon City. Information session for volunteers who wish to become an advocate for abused and neglected children in the juvenile court system. Info: 503-723-0521 or visit www.casa-cc.org.
THURSDAY, AUG. 4
· WEST LINN PUBLIC LIBRARY TEEN EVENT - 2 p.m. 1595 Burns St. Game Night Finale.
· MARYLHURST TOASTMASTERS - 6:30 p.m. Baxter Hall, Marylhurst University. Open to all. Meets each Thursday. Info: http://www.marylhursttoastmasters.org/
· WEST LINN RIVERVIEW LIONS CLUB - 6:30 p.m. West Linn Adult Community Center, Rosemont Road. Meeting and dinner. Meets 1st and 3rd Thursdays. 503-657-8290.