On the last Thursday of every month, this space will be dedicated to the rich abundance of artists, art shows, galleries and exhibits in our area. Look here for news on upcoming art festivals, local art classes and any local art-related information.
* Attic Gallery - 206 S.W. First Ave., Portland. Carol Grigg and Anne Schreivogl, through Aug. 27. First Thursday reception, 6 to 9 p.m. Aug. 4. 503-228-7830; atticgallery.com.
* Bullseye Gallery - 300 N.W. 13th Ave., Portland. Crossover, through Aug. 20. 503-227-0222.
* Butters Gallery - 520 N.W. Davis St., Portland. Opening reception, 6 to 9 p.m., Aug. 4. 23rd anniversary gallery group exhibition. Also, a selection of new works from 'A Decade in Painting' by Elise Wagner. Held over for second month is Ming Fay, Full Circle.
* Elizabeth Leach Gallery - 417 N.W. 9th Ave., Portland. The Shape of the Problem, a large, multi-site group exhibition, featuring gallery artists and friends, Aug. 4 through 27. Exhibit also at Reed College Cooley Gallery and PNCA's Feldman Gallery.
* Gallery Without Walls - Sculpture art in downtown Lake Oswego. Tours throughout the summer. Saturday tours, 11 a.m. through Aug. 27 - meet across street from Saint Honore at Lake View Village by Trajectory #2 sculpture; Sunday tours, 5 p.m., through Aug. 21 - meet at Millennium Plaza (tours take place before public concert). Lee Kelly's Angkor 1 sculpture is now on loan at Millennium Plaza Park.
* Lake Oswego Library - 706 4th Street. Art from the city's Local History Collection. 503-534-5665.
* Moonstruck Chocolate - 45 S. State St., Lake Oswego. August artists: photographer John Slowik and graphite portrait artist Barbara McDonald. 503-697-7097.
* Mountain Park Clubhouse - 2 Jefferson Terrace, Lake Oswego. Photo exhibit, Africa - 60 Years Ago, by photojournalist Duncan Whitfield. Through August. 503-635-3561.
* The Oilery - 438 1st St., Lake Oswego. Ceramicist during month of August. Call for info. 503-675-6457.
* Oregon Jewish Museum - 1953 N.W. Kearney St., Portland. The Artist is Present, Video Screenings of Works by Victor Raphael, 7 p.m. Aug. 10. n 'That's All Folks!,' the Mel Blanc Story, through Sept. 11. Transformations, a collaboration between Bill Aron and Victor Raphael. 'The Heavens Spread Out Like a Prayer Shawl,' works by Victor Raphael, through Sept. 4. 503-226-3600.
* Oregon Society of Artists - 2185 S.W. Park Place, Portland. Watercolors Group Art Show including Students' Work. Reception Aug. 7 1 to 4 p.m., Show Aug. 7 through 26, Tuesday through Sunday 1 to 4 p.m. 503-228-0706. www.oregonsocietyofartists.com.
* Oswego Lake Country Club - 20 Iron Mountain Blvd. Oregon Landscapes by watercolor artist Rudolph Stevens, through Aug. 14.
* Portland Art Museum - 1219 S.W. Park, Portland. Lake Oswego artist Kris Preslan's watercolor series 'Cars I'll Never Own,' through Sept. 11.
* Portland Open Studios: Call to Artists - Area artists are invited to join in the annual open studio tour on Oct. 8, 9, 15 and 16. Open to all visual media, artists are chosen by a jury of three professionals. To apply visit http://www.portlandopenstudios.com/.
* Singer Hill Cafe - 701 John Adams St., Oregon City. 'High Fiber Diet,' a group of fiber artists affiliated with the Columbia FiberArts Guild, during August. Meet the artists on First Friday, 5 to 8 p.m.; music 6 to 8 p.m. Aug. 5. Portion of this event's sales will be donated back to the guild. Living wall outside art garden also at café. 503-656-5252.
* Stafford Boutique Retirement Community - 1200 Overlook Dr., Lake Oswego. Local artists Laura Nunn, Claudia Bruce and Paul Dix. Artist reception, with music and refreshments, 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Contact Rita Segura 503-496-3729.
* Trinity Cathedral Arts - Trinity Episcopal Cathedral, 147 N.W. 19th Ave., Portland. In the Garden, an invitational exhibit, featuring six artists' work inspired by flowers and gardenscapes. Through Aug. 28.
* West Linn Public Library - 1595 Burns St. Artist-scientist Shenshen Dou, 'A Visual Diary of a Woman Scientist,' Aug. 2 through 30. 503-656-7853.