THURSDAY, AUG. 4
· NATURE AFTER HOURS FOREST EDIBLES TALK - 6 to 8:30 p.m. Tryon Creek State Park, 11321 S.W. Terwilliger Blvd. Education director Matthew Collins and PSU capstone students will lead discussion. Beer, wine and refreshments will be served. No registration necessary.
· LOS BILINGUES TOASTMASTERS - 6:30 p.m. Legacy Meridian Park Tualatin Hospital Education Center. Practice/improve your Spanish and leadership skills. Every Thursday. Visitors free. www.losbilingues.com.
· WEST LINN RIVERVIEW LIONS CLUB - 6:30 p.m. West Linn Adult Community Center, Rosemont Road. Meeting and dinner. Meets 1st and 3rd Thursdays. 503-657-8290.
SATURDAY, AUG. 6
· SECOND SATURDAY NON-NATIVE PLANT REMOVAL - 9 a.m. Main picnic shelter, Mary S Young Park, Highway 43, West Linn.
SUNDAY, AUG. 7
· TRYON CREEK: BEHIND THE SCENES ADULT WORKSHOP - 10 a.m. to noon. Exploration of history of Tryon Creek and its sewer line. Includes interpretive discussion in the Nature Center followed by a guided hike. Free. Pre-registration requested. http://www.tryonfriends.org/programs/calendar-listings/icalrepeat.detail/2011/08/07/541/-/tryon-creek-behind-the-scenes.html
· VERTICAL GARDEN SEMINAR - 2 to 3 p.m. Singer Hill Café outside Art Garden, 701 John Adams St., Oregon City. Seminar will cover construction and installation, maintenance, drainage, plant talk. Free. 503-752-9404.
· WALUGA NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION BBQ PICNIC - 3:30 to 7 p.m. East Waluga Park, 15505 Quarry Road. Residents, future and current business owners, all are welcome. Hamburgers provided. Bring salad or dessert. RSVP at 503-351-9330.
MONDAY, AUG. 8
· MONDAY VOLUNTEER GROUP - 8:30 a.m. to noon. Meet at tool shed in gravel parking lot at Mary S Young Park, West Linn. Invasive species removal. Bring your own work gloves. Tools provided. Lorie, 503-803-0678.
· COMPUTER LEARNING CENTER USERS GROUP - 9:30 a.m. Lake Oswego Adult Community Center, 505 G Ave. See Italy via slideshow using iPhoto, iTunes and iMovies and learn how to use these programs. Presented by John Sanders.
· JOB SEEKERS SUPPORT GROUP - 4 to 6 p.m. Marylhurst University, Baxter Hall. Lynn, 503-699-6271.
· LAKE OSWEGO TOASTMASTERS - 6:30 to 8 p.m. 17377 S.W. Boones Ferry Road #200. Guests should arrive at 6:15 p.m. Website: www.lakeoswegotoastmasters.com.
TUESDAY, AUG. 9
· THE COLLEGE APPLICATION: MAKE YOUR PRESENTATION STAND OUT - 2 p.m. Lake Oswego Library, 706 4th St. Workshop with presenter Tim Cantrick. Registration required at 503-697-6580.
· SCRABBLE CLUB - 6:45 p.m. Lakewood Center, 368 S. State St. Meets every Tuesday. Info: Ruth Hamilton, 503-675-7663 or visit www.portlandscrabble.org
· WEST LINN/OREGON CITY CHESS CLUB - 7 to 10 p.m. Meets every Tuesday in the basement of Pioneer Adult Community Center, 615 Fifth St., Oregon City. Brian, 503-744-0997.
WEDNESDAY, AUG. 10
THURSDAY, AUG 11
· WEST LINN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE NETWORKING - 8 to 9 a.m. Pets First! 1921 Kilkenny Road, Lake Oswego. Coffee and breakfast treats and drawings. www.dianespetsfirst.com
· OREGON CONNECTIONS ACADEMY INFORMATION SESSION - 6:30 p.m. West End Building, 4101 Kruse Way. Online program and individualized approach to home-based public education for grades K-12.
· DEADLINE TO RESERVE FOR COMMUNITY FORESTRY DAY - 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Aug. 13 at Hopkins Demonstration Forest, 16750 S. Brockway Road, Beavercreek. Public invited to volunteer; lunch provided. Reserve at Clackamas County OSU Extension Service, 503-655-8631.
· EATING DISORDERS ANONYMOUS (EDA) - 8 to 9 p.m. West Linn Lutheran Church, 20390 Willamette Drive, Room 203. New meeting begins tonight and will meet each second and fourth Thursday. Info: http://www.meetup.com/EDA-Bulimia-Support-Group-aka-H-E-A-L-T-H-Class/