- Lake Oswego Review - News
THURSDAY, OCT. 5
· SHOPPING SOIREE TO BENEFIT OUR TWO ANGELS - 5-9 p.m. Meringue Boutique, 385 1st St., Lake Oswego. Wine, swag bags, free babysitting, treats, modeling and fashion shows, DJ.
SATURDAY, OCT. 7
· ICE AGE FLOODS CHANNELS - 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Field trip in Portland/Vancouver area. Taylor Hunt, 503-662-4790. WL Chamber of Commerce, 503-655-6744.
· LAKE OSWEGO FARMERS MARKET - 8:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. 1st and Evergreen streets.
· LAKE OSWEGO NEIGHBORHOOD ACTION COALITION (LONAC) CANDIDATE FORUM - 9:30 a.m. Oswego Heritage House, 10th and A streets. Features the five candidates for City Council.
· REINVENTING RETIREMENT WORKSHOP: DESIGNING THE LIFE YOU WANT - 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Marylhurst University, Flavia Hall Salon. $50. Co-sponsored by Department of Human Sciences Gerontology Program, Marylhurst Gerontology Association and Oregon Center for Retired Citizens. Register at 503-287-3005 or online at http://www.exceptionallivingcoach.com/redefine_retirement.html
· EVENING IN THAILAND - 5:30-9 p.m. Our Savior's Lutheran Church, 2000 Country Club Road. Presented by Lake Grove Lions Club and The Thai Association of Oregon. Silent auction followed by authentic Thai dinner and entertainment. Proceeds will benefit Lions Clubs International Foundation Campaign SightFirst ll program. Info: Mark Ritacco, 503-267-7340.
SUNDAY, OCT. 8
· BUDDY WALK FOR DOWN SYNDROME NETWORK - 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Millennium Plaza Park. To register, go to http://www.dshor.org.
MONDAY, OCT. 9
· LOACC-CLC USERS GROUP (COMPUTER USERS GROUP) - 9:30-11 a.m. Lake Oswego Adult Community Center, 505 G Ave. Collages with Bob Guyan.
TUESDAY, OCT. 10
· KRUSE WAY ROTARY - Noon-1:15 p.m., 15555 S.W. Bangy Road. Every Tuesday. Buffet lunch, $12, followed by program. Rotary District Governor, Tom Jenkins.
· HEARING LOSS AND YOUR RIGHTS - 2-3:30 p.m. Lake Oswego Adult Community Center, 505 G Ave. Presented by State Rep. Steve March. Includes ADA guidelines, tax credits for ADA compliance, OHSU Information Technology Center. Program is live captioned.
· AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF UNIVERSITY WOMEN, LAKE OSWEGO/WEST LINN BRANCH - 7 p.m. Oswego Heritage House, 10th and A streets. League of Women Voters of Clackamas County presents overview of upcoming elections issues. Visitors welcome. Refreshments will be served. Info: www.loaauw.org or Ricky Appleman, 503-636-5976.
· ROBINWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m. Cedaroak Park School.
· STAFFORD CPO - 7:30 p.m. Stafford Elementary School. Meeting held second Tuesday of each month.
WEDNESDAY, OCT. 11
· COMPUTER LAB - 12:30-2 p.m. Lake Oswego Adult Community Center. Open to all that need additional help.
· COURT-APPOINTED SPECIAL ADVOCATE (CASA) - 5-7 p.m. 421 High St., Oregon City. Training session first Wednesday of each month. Learn how to help abused and neglected children in Clackamas County. For information, call 503-723-0521.
· CANDIDATES FORUM FOR MAYORAL CANDIDATES - 7 p.m. West Linn City Hall. Sponsored by Tanner Basin Neighborhood Association.
· FINDING JEWISH ANCESTRAL ROOTS - 7-9 p.m. Mittleman Jewish Community Center, 6651 S.W. Capitol Hwy. Presented by Stephen Morse.
THURSDAY, OCT. 12
· OLD TOWN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION GENERAL MEETING - 7:30 p.m. Lakewood Center.
Send news of your event to What's Happening, Review/Tidings, P.O. Box 548, Lake Oswego, OR 97034. Deadline for submissions is noon Friday before the next publication date.