- Portland Tribune - News
News about area fundraisers
• Community wine tasting, benefits Jesuit High School alumni programs, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., Jesuit High School Knight Center, 9000 S.W. Beaverton Hillsdale Highway, $45 in advance, $50 at the door. Call 503-291-5403, or visit www.jesuitportland.org.
• Dinner of Champions, honoring Tim and Mary Boyle, benefits the Oregon Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., Governor Hotel, 614 S.W. 11th Ave., ticket prices vary. Call 503-223-9511, ext. 238.
• Compassion and Choices of Oregon, dinner benefit for client support, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., University Club of Portland, 1225 S.W. Sixth Ave. Tickets are $125 per person; $900 table of eight. Call 503-525-1956.
• League of Women Voters fundraiser, featuring political cartoonist Jack Ohman, benefits Portland Education Fund, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Mission Theatre, 1624 N.W. Glisan St. Tickets $25 advance, $30 at the door. Call 503-228-1675.
• Jubilee Oregon, fundraiser for the global debt relief organization, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Oct. 24, Autentica Mexican Cuisine, 5507 N.E. 30th Ave., $30 per person, $50 per couple. Register by Oct. 17. Call 503-226-7807, ext. 100.
• 3D Experience and Raffle, a benefit for the 3D Center of Art and Photography, 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Oct. 21, 1928 N.W. Lovejoy St., $35 general public, $75 patrons. Reservation deadline is Oct. 15. Call 503-227-6667.
• Riches of a City, heritage auction supports education programs and activities at the Architectural Heritage Center, 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Oct. 21, Melody Ballroom, 615 S.E. Alder St., $50. Call 503-231-7264.
• Oregon Immigrant Achievement Award ceremony, benefits Oregon-based nonprofit legal service providers serving immigrant communities, sponsored by the Oregon Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Oct. 20, Governor Hotel, 614 S.W. 11th Ave., $100 per person. Call 503-671-3824.
• Bet for Pets, fundraiser benefits no-kill animal shelter Animal Aid, 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. Oct. 21, Crowne Plaza Hotel, 14811 Kruse Oaks Drive, Lake Oswego, $30. Call 503-292-6628, or visit www.animalaidpdx.org.
• Pumpkin Caper 5k, walk along Fanno Creek Trail through Greenway Park, benefits Providence Health System Brain Institute, 9 a.m. Oct. 22, costumes encouraged. Visit www.providence.org/brain.
• Wet Nose Soiree, benefit for DoveLewis emergency animal hospital, 5:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. Oct. 28, Governor Hotel, 614 S.W. 11th Ave., $100 per person. Call 503-535-3383, or visit www.dovelewis.org/events/Wet_Nose_Soiree.aspx.
• Volunteers needed, assist with termination of old mental health case files, training and support provided, free background check required. For information, call Lutheran Community Services Northwest, 503-231-7480, ext. 589.
RESULTS ARE IN
• Multnomah County sheriff's office participants in the 'Red Robin Tip-A-Cop,' held Sept. 30 raised more than $2,600 for Special Olympics. Ten sheriff's office members volunteered and more than 200 Red Robin patrons donated by tipping officers during the eight-hour event.
Events are free unless otherwise noted.