In Good Health
A roundup of events geared toward healthy living
• Grand opening of Lovejoy Station Cafe, hospital cafeteria featuring a new healthy foods menu, 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m., Legacy Good Samaritan Hospital, first floor, 1015 N.W. 22nd Ave. Call 503-413-8177.
• HerbDay, a series of educational events involving herbalism, noon to 5 p.m., Australasian College of Health Sciences, 5940 S.W. Hood Ave. Call 503-244-0726.
• Kids' Safety Fair, provides health information and safety tips, discount helmets for sale, car seat safety checks, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Legacy Meridian Park Hospital, Community Health Education Center, 19300 S.W. 65th Ave., Tualatin. Call 503-335-3500.
• Breast Cancer Awareness, part of the Wellness Celebration for People with Disabilities, sponsored by the Oregon Health and Science University Office on Disability and Health, 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., DoubleTree-Lloyd Center, 1000 N.E. Multnomah St. Registration required. Call 503-494-3331.
• Recent bereavement forum, one-hour group covers bereavement stages and coping skills, 5 p.m. to 6 p.m., Legacy Meridian Park Hospital, 19300 S.W. 65th Ave., Tualatin. Call 503-335-3500.
• 'Aerobics: For Your Lifestyle,' first of 19-class series, 7 a.m. to 8 a.m., Matt Dishman Community Center, 77 N.E. Knott St., ages 18 and over, $30. Call 503-823-7529, or visit www.portlandonline.com/parks.
• Nursing Mothers Counsel's 'ABC's of Breastfeeding,' class for moms to be, breastfeeding moms or providers assisting moms who are breastfeeding, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Babies 'R' Us, 7805 S.W. Dartmouth Road, Tigard. Call 503-282-3338 or 503-670-7539, or visit www.nursingmotherscounsel.org.
• 'Energy: How to Get It and How to Keep It,' lecture covers strategies to reclaim energy and reduce stress, 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., New Seasons Seven Corners store, 1954 S.E. Division St. Call 503-445-2888.
• 'Healthcare 2.0: New Frontiers to Improving Cost and Quality of Care,' panel discussion sponsored by the Portland State University School of Business Administration, 7:15 a.m. to 9 a.m. Call 503-725-4763 for location or to register.
• 'Planning for a Successful Retirement,' five-session class starts 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Providence St. Vincent Medical Center, 9205 S.W. Barnes Road, $35. Call 503-574-6595, or visit www.providence.org/classes to register.
• Bicycle Transportation Alliance Community Ride, teaches youngsters how to ride safely, 8:45 a.m. to 11:15 a.m., 12:35 p.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 20, Kelly Elementary School, 9030 S.E. Cooper St. Call 503-226-0676, ext. 19.
• Open house, for newly renovated athletic facilities, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Oct. 22, Mittleman Jewish Community Center, 6651 S.W. Capitol Highway. Call 503-244-0111 or visit www.oregonjcc.org/events.asp.
Events are free unless otherwise noted.