- Portland Tribune - News
The lowdown on events happening in Portland
• What Will the Winter Be Like?, American Meteorological Society meeting, 10 a.m. to noon, Oregon Museum of Science and Industry, 1945 S.E. Water Ave. Call 503-797-4000, or visit www.omsi.edu.
• New Columbia open house, city's largest community redevelopment, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., North Trenton Street between Alaska Street and Fiske Avenue. Call 503-802-8508.
• Canine 101 class, 11 a.m. to noon, Oregon Humane Society, 1067 N.E. Columbia Blvd., $10 donation. To register, call 503-285-7722, or visit www.oregonhumane.org.
• Animal adoption event, learn about Oregon Humane Society program, noon to 4 p.m., Dog Star, 1313 N.W. Kearney St. Call 503-285-7722, or visit www.oregonhumane.org.
• Latourell Falls hike, enjoy fall colors on moderate hike, meets 10 a.m., Gateway Transit Center, 9900 N.E. Multnomah St. Call 503-241-3762, ext. 106.
• Continuing Internet, computer class for seniors, 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., Parkrose SUN Community High School, 12003 N.E. Shaver St. Call 503-823-4328, or visit www.portlandparks.org.
• Clackamas County job and career fair, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., Clackamas County Fairgrounds, 694 N.E. 4th Ave., Canby. Call 503-657-6814.
• Career fair, applications and information on Allstate support staff positions, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., Allstate territory sales office, 7632 S.W. Durham Road, Tigard. Call 503-603-6485.
• Multnomah County Commission candidates debate, featuring Jeff Cogen and Lew Frederick, 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m., Embassy Suites Hotel Portland-Airport, 7900 N.E. 82nd Ave. Call 503-287-8686.
• Science and spirituality lecture, author and poet Elizabeth Michael Boyle, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., University of Portland, Buckley Center Auditorium, 5000 N. Willamette Blvd. Call 503-943-7702.
• WoMyN Made network meeting, focuses on lesbian, bisexual and transgender businesses, 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., Q Center, 69 S.E. Taylor St. Call 503-768-4248.
• Adoption information meeting, learn about open adoption, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Belmont Public Library, 1038 S.E. 39th Ave. To register, call 503-226-4870, or visit www.openadopt.org.
• Harvest Party open house, sponsored by the Moms Offering Moms Support Club of Clackamas/Happy Valley, 9:30 a.m. to noon, Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church, 9800 S.E. 92nd Ave. Call 503-558-9018.
• Where Imagination Meets the World: Writers and Their Research, panel discussion with Portland writers, 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m., Marylhurst University, BP John Administration Building, Room 200, 17600 Pacific Highway. Call 503-699-6313.
• African-American home-buying fair, 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Oct. 28, Legacy Emanuel Hospital and Health Center, 501 N. Graham St. Visit www.aaah.org, or call 503-595-3517.
• Portland Council of the Christian Womens Club, monthly meeting, noon to 2 p.m. Oct. 28, the Refectory, 1618 N.E. 122nd Ave. To register, call 503-253-3328.
• International Fight League Weigh-in, mixed martial arts league party, 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. Nov. 1, City Sports Bar and Restaurant, 424 S.W. Fourth Ave. Call 503-221-2489.
• Portland State University book sale, noon to 9 p.m. Nov. 2, PSU Millar Library, ground floor, 1875 S.W. Park Ave. Call 503-725-4579.
Events are free unless otherwise noted.