A roundup of events geared toward healthy living
• HIV/AIDS seminar, sponsored by Northwest Voice for Christ Training Ministry, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., Alberta Simmons Plaza, 6611 N.E. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., $10 donation. To register, call 503-334-6284.
• Medicare Bus Tour, tools and resources for disabled beneficiaries and people on Medicare to review benefits and health care needs, 12:45 p.m., Vancouver Avenue First Baptist Church, 3138 N. Vancouver Ave. Call 1-800-722-4134, or visit www.medicare.gov.
• Open house, for renovated athletic facilities, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., Mittleman Jewish Community Center, 6651 S.W. Capitol Highway. Call 503-244-0111, or visit www.oregonjcc.org/events.asp.
• Fall Rejuvenation and Liver Cleanse, 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., New Seasons Orenco Station store, 1453 N.E. 61st Ave., Hillsboro. Call 503-648-6968.
• 'Health Care in the U.S. and Canada: Divergent Values and Common Challenges,' author Nuala Kenny discusses differing approaches, 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m., Portland State University, Lincoln Performance Hall, 1620 S.W. Park Ave., Room 75. Visit www.providence.org/oregon.
• Heart-healthy eating, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Legacy Good Samaritan Hospital and Medical Center, 1015 N.W. 22nd Ave., $20. To register, call 503-335-3500, or visit www.legacyhealth.org.
• What's Behind the Label: Searching for Integrity in Food Marketing, panel discussion on food certification, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., First Congregational Church, 1124 S.W. Park Ave. Visit www.nwveg.com.
• Better Bones: Women and Osteoporosis, part of women's wellness series, 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Nov. 2, Providence St. Vincent Medical Center, 9205 S.W. Barnes Road, Souther Auditorium. Call 503-574-6595, or visit www.providence.org/classes.
• Legacy Good Samaritan Devers Eye Institute seeks participants for a study sponsored by the federal government's National Institutes of Health on treatment of vision loss from age-related macular degeneration, the leading cause of vision loss in the United States for people over age 60. Participants must be between 50 and 85 years of age with either dry macular degeneration ('drusen') in both eyes or dry macular degeneration in one eye and advanced macular degeneration in the other eye. For information, call 503-413-8356.
Events are free unless otherwise noted.