In Good Health
A roundup of events geared toward healthy living.
• Macular Degeneration and Low Vision Expo, geared toward individuals with macular degeneration and low vision, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Embassy Suites Hotel, 9000 S.W. Washington Square Road, Tigard. Register at www.caseyamd.com, or call 503-494-2784.
• Eat Smart for Your Heart, dietary recommendations for heart fitness, 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., New Seasons Cedar Hills store, 3495 S.W. Cedar Hills Blvd., Beaverton. Call 503-641-4181.
• Health screening, includes blood pressure, blood sugar, basic urine test and recommendations, 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Mercy Wisdom Healing Center, 2 N.W. Third Ave. To schedule appointment, call 503-227-1222.
• Better Bones: Women and Osteoporosis, part of women's wellness series, 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Providence St. Vincent Medical Center, 9205 S.W. Barnes Road, Souther Auditorium. Call 503-574-6595, or visit www.providence.org/classes
• CPR for adults, American Red Cross certification, 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., Legacy Good Samaritan Hospital and Medical Center, 1015 N.W. 22nd Ave., $37. To register, call 503-280-1440.
• Healing Grief: Coping With Loss, six-session class meets 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. weekly, through Dec. 7, Adventist Medical Center, 10123 S.E. Market St., lower level, Patio Room. Preregistration required and limited to 20 people. To register, call 503-251-6105.
• Restore the Flow Through Vibrational Healing, with Joy Gardner, 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., New Renaissance Bookshop, 1338 N.W. 23rd Ave., $12. Call 503-224-4929.
• Health Care Communicators of Oregon, conference covers trends in health care communications, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 3, Embassy Suites Hotel Portland-Washington Square, 9000 S.W. Washington Square Road, Tigard, $150 includes continental breakfast, lunch and yearlong group membership. Call 1-360-514-3066, or visit www.healthcarecommunicatorsoforegon.org/upcoming_events.htm
• Legacy Good Samaritan Devers Eye Institute seeks participants for a study sponsored by the federal government's National Institutes of Health on treatment of vision loss from age-related macular degeneration, the leading cause of vision loss in the U.S. for people over age 60. Participants must be between 50 and 85 years old with either dry macular degeneration ('drusen') in both eyes or dry macular degeneration in one eye and advanced macular degeneration in the other eye. For information, call 503-413-8356.
Events are free unless otherwise noted. See the Contact Us tab for information on how to notify the Tribune about events.