The lowdown on events happening in Portland
• Job Finders Support Group, noon to 2 p.m., Capitol Hill Library, 10723 S.W. Capitol Highway. Visit www.jobfinderssupport.com.
• The Great Pumpkin Event, a celebration of local produce, 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., Portland Farmers Market, South Park Blocks between Southwest Montgomery and Harrison streets. Call 503-341-3795.
• Practice test event, for graduate school entrance exams, sponsored by Kaplan Test Prep and Admissions, 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Portland State University, Portland Center for Advanced Technology, 1800 S.W. Sixth Ave. Call 1-800-527-8378, or visit www.kaptest.com/practice.
• Building a Safer Community in Lents, harvest festival, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., Pilgrim Lutheran Church, 4244 S.E. 91st Ave. Call 503-788-8052, ext. 105.
• Sam Kerr Memorial Lecture Series, featuring author Philip Margolin, sponsored by the Senior Studies Institute, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Portland Community College-Sylvania campus, Building CT, Little Theater, 12000 S.W. 49th Ave., . Call 503-697-8388.
• Hillsboro Airport open house, family activities include airfield tours, face painting and prizes for children in Halloween costumes, 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., Hillsboro Airport Terminal, 3355 N.E. Cornell Road. Call 503-460-4073.
• 'Peace, Propaganda, and the Promised Land,' moderated documentary film presentation on the Palestinian-Israeli conflict, 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m., Central Lutheran Church, 1820 N.E. 21st Ave. Call 503-284-2331.
• Open house, tour of school and newly renovated science labs, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., St. Mary's Academy, 1615 S.W. Fifth Ave. Call 503-721-7725.
• 'Centrism,' lecture on politics with speaker Steve Jacobs, 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m., Friendly House, 1737 N.W. 26th Ave. Visit www.portlandhumanists.org, or call 503-235-0586.
• Halloween Create-a-Costume Workshop, noon to 4 p.m., School and Community Reuse Action Project, 3901-A, N. Williams Ave., $5 donation. Call 503-294-0769, or visit www.scrapaction.com.
• Harvest Party, family Halloween event sponsored by Self Enhancement Inc., 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., 3920 N. Kerby Ave. Call 503-249-1721, ext. 263.
• Brown-bag lunch series, Norma Paulus discusses the history of women's work and political legislation in Oregon, noon to 1 p.m., Oregon Historical Society, 1200 S.W. Park Ave. Call 503-306-5216.
• Map and Compass Navigation Skills, sponsored by Oregon Peak Adventures, 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m., Portland Community College-Central Portland, Southeast Clay Street and Water Avenue, $80 plus $19 PCC tuition includes instructor and course materials. Call 503-297-5100.
• Interstate 5: Delta Park Project open house, 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., Ockley Green Middle School auditorium, 6031 N. Montana Ave. Call 503-731-8281.
• Hillsdale Neighborhood Association meeting, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., St. Barnabas Episcopal Church, 2201 S.W. Vermont St. Visit www.hna-pdx.com.
• McMenamins Chapel Pub, lecture and tour, 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Nov. 4, 430 N. Killingsworth St., $15, $10 Architectural Heritage Center members. Call 503-231-7264, or visit www.visitahc.org/chapel.html.
• Northwest Philosophy Conference, Nov. 4 and Nov. 5, various times and campus locations, University of Portland, 5000 N. Willamette Blvd., $65, $45 students. Call 503-943-7223.
Events are free unless otherwise noted. See below for information on how to notify the Tribune about events.