OASIS classes: August 2011
Class highlights for August at OASIS, the enrichment program for older adults, include the events listed below. A $7 per term processing fee applies in addition to class fees listed.
Unless otherwise listed, classes are held at OASIS, on the fourth floor of the downtown Portland Macy's store, 621 S.W. Fifth Ave. Complete class information can be found online at www.oasisnet.org/portland, or call 503-241-3059.
The mission of OASIS is to enrich the lives of mature adults by engaging them in lifelong learning and service programs so they can learn, lead and contribute in their communities.
• No. 112, Understanding Hearing Loss and Treatment - Tuesday, Aug. 2, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., $10.
• No. 222, Zumba - Friday, Aug. 5-26, noon to 1 p.m., $30.
• No. 316, Sisters of the Holy Names - Tuesday, Aug. 16, 3 to 4:30 p.m., West Hills Village, $10.
• No. 360, Overview of the Middle East Today - Friday, Aug. 5, 1:30 to 3 p.m., Cornell Estates Hillsboro, $10.
• No. 372, Portland's Ancient Landslide Zones - Saturday, Aug. 13, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., $10.
• No. 702, Hit the Road - Saturday, Aug. 13, 1:30 to 3 p.m., $10. With Portland adventurer/author Alyce Cornyn-Selby, author of 'Hit the Road: Across America in a Topless Car.'