THURSDAY, NOV. 30
· UGANDA RISING - 7 p.m. Lewis and Clark College, Templeton Student Center. The college's African Awareness group presents the Portland debut of this Canadian documentary. A panel of experts will discuss issues after the screening. Info: 503-768-7960.
· BLUE HERON NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m. Westridge Elementary School library. Agenda: Speaker Brant Williams, city of Lake Oswego's director of community center development, will talk on proposed community center, election of officers and neighborhood updates. Questions? Linda Brown, 503-638-1566.
SATURDAY, DEC. 2
· LONAC (LAKE OSWEGO NEIGHBORHOOD ACTION COALITION) - 9:30 a.m. Oswego Heritage House. Regular meeting - visitors and neighborhood representatives welcome.
· HOLIDAY CHRISTMAS BAZAAR - 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Lake Oswego United Methodist Church, 1855 South Shore Blvd. Handcrafted gifts, decorations, baked goods, candy, hot spiced tea and lunch café with live music. Proceeds benefit mission projects and youth scholarships.
· LAKE OSWEGO HOLIDAY MARKET - 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Millennium Plaza Park. Continues Sunday.
· SCOUTING FOR FOOD - First Addition neighborhood residents can put a bag with non-perishable food by front door early for Forest Hills Cub Scout Pack 128 to collect. No glass items. Or deliver donations between 9 a.m. and noon to Forest Hills School.
· PI BETA PHI HOLIDAY LUNCHEON AND SILENT AUCTION - 11 a.m. Portland Golf Club. Tickets $20. Call Jeanne Bliss, 503-638-8284 for tickets.
SUNDAY, DEC. 3
· HOLIDAY HOME TOUR IN WEST LINN - Noon-5 p.m. Fundraiser for WLHS graduation party. Tickets $15, sold at Bales Thriftway, Curves, WLHS Career Center, Dragonfly Greetings and Gifts, Hairport, Colors on Clay and Fit for Life. Info: www.westlinngradparty.com.
· BLENDED COLORS FASHION SHOW - Noon-2 p.m. Oregon Golf Club, 25700 S.W. Pete's Mountain Road. Fashion show, luncheon, silent auction conceived by West Linn High School students as fundraiser to benefit Rwandan high schools. Tickets: $20 students, $25 adults. Register online at www.itafari.com/fashion
· LAKEWOOD IN LIGHTS GALA AND TREE AUCTION - Noon. Lakewood Center for the Arts, 368 S. State St. Hosted by Margie Boule and Darcelle XV. Tickets $50, may be ordered at www.lakewood-center.org or 503-635-3901.
MONDAY, DEC. 4
· LOACC-CLC USERS GROUP (COMPUTER USERS GROUP) - 9:30-11 a.m. Lake Oswego Adult Community Center, 505 G Ave. Video editing, part 2, presented by Bob Timm.
WEDNESDAY, DEC. 6
· COURT-APPOINTED SPECIAL ADVOCATE (CASA) - 5-7 p.m. 421 High St., Oregon City. Training session first Wednesday of each month. Learn how to help abused and neglected children in Clackamas County. For information, call 503-723-0521.
THURSDAY, DEC. 7
· WEST LINN AND LAKE OSWEGO NEWCOMERS WELCOME WAGON MEET AND GREET - 10:30-11:30 a.m. Call 503-495-3841 for location or go to www.NewcomersWelcomeWagon.com.
· OREGON WRITERS CLUB - 6:30-9 p.m. Mountain Park Clubhouse library room, No. 2 Mount Jefferson Terrace. Meets first and third Thursdays of the month. Info and RSVP at: Ken Gomes, 503-635-8199 or at kmgbro
Send news of your event to What's Happening, Review/Tidings, P.O. Box 548, Lake Oswego, Ore., 97034. Deadline for submissions is noon Friday before the next publication date.