Dog owners should read off-leash fine print
• Stay within the designated off-leash boundaries.
• Stay on leash outside the off-leash area.
• Display tags showing proof of current license and rabies vaccination.
• Demonstrate appropriate social interaction; dogs displaying aggressive behavior toward people or other dogs must be leashed and removed from the area.
• Pick up after your dog(s).
• Carry your dog's leash while in the off-leash area.
• Closely supervise young children.
• Remain within the off-leash boundaries
• Keep your dog(s) within view and under verbal control.
• Bring no more than three dogs to the off-leash area at any time.
• Accept responsibility for any damage or injury caused by your dog.
• Remove pinch or choke collars when dogs are playing off-leash to prevent injury.
• Not bring a dog in heat to a Portland park.
• Not bring a puppy without a complete cycle of vaccinations to a Portland park.
• Comply with all other park rules and regulations.
All off-leash sites are subject to regular closures for routine maintenance as well as longer term closures for restoration as needed. Off-leash users are expected to adhere to the leash law when the off-leash area is not available.
Source: Portland Parks & Recreation
Ñ Jennifer Anderson