Unfortunately our website is having issues today. We are working diligently to resolve this problem. Please come back later.
Gresham firefighters extinguished five fires in 12 hours
One resident and his pet are displaced
A Gresham resident and a dog have been displaced from their home after a fire.
The fire broke out at about 6:30 a.m. Friday, Aug. 12, in the 2900 block of Southeast Anderson Road. Smoke damage was so extensive, the resident and dog can't stay there, so the Oregon Trail Chapter of the American Red Cross is helping with lodging, food, clothing and other items.
The fire was one of five that Gresham firefighters extinguished within about 12 hours including:
• a fire in a garage, which spread to the house and back deck, in the 1600 block of Northeast Walnut Avenue in Wood Village at 6:40 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 11. A firefighter also was injured while pulling down a ceiling to fight the fire. No damage estimates are available.
• a cooking fire confined to a pan in the 3600 block of Northeast Eighth Street at 8:12 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 11.
• a 5-foot-wide grass fire at Southwest Seventh Street and Eastman Parkway at 9:54 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 11.
• a fire, suspected to have been sparked from smoker's carelessness, that caused $10,000 in damage to the outside of a $180,000 house in the 1700 block of Southeast 176th Avenue at 10:22 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 11. The fire burned the side of the house and damaged the siding and roof gables.