Featured Stories

Other Pamplin Media Group sites

Family members team up to save teen girl from house fire

Candle may have started the fire


Lake Oswego firefighters responding to a reported structure fire arrived to find a mother and two teenage boys attempting to rescue a third teen from her second-story bedroom window.

'The mother and brothers got a ladder in place and were encouraging her to come down, which allowed firefighters to quickly access the girl and get her safely to the ground,' Battalion Chief David Morris said. 'The family deserves a lot of the credit for the successful rescue of this girl.'by: LOFD - This is the front of a house off of Woodland Terrace right after a victim was removed from roof above the garage.

The fire was reported just after 8:35 a.m. Tuesday. Crews worked quickly to extinguish the blaze, which 'swept through a good portion of the second floor of the 5,000-square-foot home,' Morris said.

The home, located off of Woodland Terrace on the south side of Lake Oswego, sustained smoke and water damage throughout but firefighters were able to cover and protect many of the furnishings and personal items inside.

A candle on the second floor deck may have started the fire.

It is estimated that there may be $200,000 or more of damage, Morris said. AMR ambulance transported all four family members to Legacy Meridian Park Hospital in Tualatin to ensure they did not have any inhalation injuries or problems. They were released and returned home before noon Tuesday.