• Paying for College, workshop sponsored by Sallie Mae Fund, 9:30 a.m., state Rep. David Wu to attend, one participant will win $500 higher education scholarship, Tigard High School cafeteria, 9000 S.W. Durham Road, Tigard. Call 1-877-840-8224.
• Deducting the Costs of Working at Home, sponsored by the Women's Network for Entrepreneurial Training, 5:45 p.m. to 9 p.m., Days Inn City Center Hotel, 1414 S.W. Sixth Ave., $20 members, $25 nonmembers, reserve by noon Monday. Call 503-229-3819.
• Introduction to Business Ownership, sponsored by Service Corps of Retired Executives, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Beaverton City Library Meeting Rooms A & B, 12375 S.W. Fifth St., Beaverton. Call 503-644-2197.
• Business After Hours, sponsored by Columbia Corridor Association, debut of networking event and building tour, 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., 16800 N.E. Sandy Blvd., $8.50, reserve by 5 p.m. Monday. Call 503-287-8686.
• Competitive Intelligence: A Tool for Further Insight Into Your Industry and Market, sponsored by the Society of Competitive Intelligence Professionals, 1 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., Harland Financial Solutions, 400 S.W. Sixth Ave., $20 members, $30 nonmembers. Call 503-274-7280, Ext. 2978.