- Pamplin Media
- Portland Tribune - News
• New fire station and Central Northeast Neighbors office dedication and open house, includes visit by New York City firefighter, 2 p.m., 4415 N.E. 87th Ave. Call 503-823-3156.
• The Politics of Diabetes, sponsored by Children's Diabetes and Support Network, 10 a.m. to noon, Legacy Emanuel Hospital Lorenzen Center, 2801 N. Gantenbein Ave. Call 503-525-1185.
• SOLV fall beach cleanup, volunteers should bring rubber gloves, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., various locations along Oregon Coast. Call 503-844-9571.
• Back to SCRAP, sponsored by School and Community Reuse Action Project, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Rebuilding Center yard, 3625 N. Mississippi St. Call 503-294-0769.
• Springwater Festival: A Johnson Creek Celebration, sponsored by Johnson Creek Watershed Council, parade and activities focus on stream's role in restoring salmon and steelhead, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Gresham Main City Park, Powell Boulevard and Main Street, Gresham. Call 503-239-3932.
• Walking tour of Burnside Triangle, sponsored by Burnside Triangle Advisory Group, guided tour highlighting local gay history, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., meet outside Ringler's Pub, 1332 W. Burnside St., repeats at 1 p.m. Sunday. Call 503-653-8893.
• Improvise the Rest of Your Life, sponsored by American Association of Retired Persons, workshop for people older than 50 led by columnist and performer Margie Boule, 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., Portland Art Museum, 1219 S.W. Park Ave., space limited. Call 877-926-8300.
• Southeast Portland state representatives forum, sponsored by Southeast Uplift and Portland Schools Alliance, 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m., Marysville Elementary School, 7733 S.E. Raymond St. Call 503-232-0010.
• 100 years of Forest Park, sponsored by Friends of Forest Park, 7 p.m., Pace Setter Northwest, 1207 N.W. 23rd Ave. Call 503-223-5449.
• Concordia Neighborhood Association meeting, 7 p.m., Kennedy School, 5835 N.E. 33rd Ave.
• Foster Powell Neighborhood Association meeting, 7 p.m., St. Anthony Village, Parish Hall, 3618 S.E. 79th Ave.
• Portsmouth Neighborhood Association meeting, 7 p.m., Columbia Cottage, 4339 N. Lombard St.
• Jefferson Caring Community At-Large/Student Success Partnership meeting, sponsored by Jefferson Caring Community, 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., St. Philip the Deacon Episcopal Church parish hall, 120 N.E. Knott St. Call 503-284-0929.