• Presentation on new single-family residential intake and permitting process, sponsored by Portland Bureau of Development Services, noon to 1:30 p.m., 1900 S.W. Fourth Ave., first floor. Call 503-823-7822.
• 'Oregon Security Summit,' sponsored by Oregon Regional Alliance for Infrastructure and Network Security, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., reception 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., Oregon Zoo, 4001 S.W. Canyon Road, $40. Call 503-701-7683.
• Forum on health and cultural beliefs of indigenous people from Mexico, sponsored by Tuality Healthcare, 8 a.m. to 9 a.m., noon to 1 p.m., and 2 p.m. to 3 p.m., Tuality Health Education Center, 334 S.E. Eighth Ave., Hillsboro. Call 503-681-1654.
• 'Pathways to Success,' sponsored by Oregon Tradeswomen Inc., 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., Portland Community College Workforce Training Center/One-Stop, 5600 N.E. 42nd Ave. Call 503-335-8200, Ext. 24.
• 'Stepping up to the Plate: Making the Case for Major League Baseball in Portland,' sponsored by Portland Business Alliance, talk by David Kahn of Oregon Stadium Campaign, 7:30 a.m. to 8:45 a.m., Governor Hotel, 611 S.W. 10th Ave., $25 PBA members, $35 nonmembers. Call 503-224-8684.