• Hardware Helpers: Learn Basic Maintenance for Peak Performance and More, sponsored by Portland Macintosh Users Group, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Galleria, Room 315, 921 S.W. Morrison St., $102, please pay by check, reservations required by Friday 9 p.m. Call 503-531-0882.
• Creating Customer Evangelists, sponsored by Portland Company of Friends, talk by Chicago marketing consultants Ben McConnell and Jackie Huba based on their new book, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Borders Books, 708 S.W. Third Ave. Call 503-539-8578.
• Neuro Linguistics: The Language of Successful Business, sponsored by Beaverton Area Chamber of Commerce, 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m., Kingstad Center for Meetings & Events, 15450 S.W. Millikan Way, Beaverton, $5 nonmembers. Call 503-644-0123.
• The Wireless Manager: Decision Making in Today's Complex Legal Environment, sponsored by Perkins Coie LLP, 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m., $40, reservations by end of day Monday. Call 503-727-2186 for location.
• Is the Pursuit of Excellence Right for You?, sponsored by Excellence Foundation, introductory session for the Excellence Series, 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m., registration 7 p.m., Marriott Residence Inn, Portland DowntownÐRiverPlace, 2115 S.W. River Parkway. Call 503-614-9704.