Anne Jaegers Clippings
Calla lily (Zantedeschia)
Why I love this flower:
• It returns year after year and multiplies.
• Bright pink, yellow, white, orange, red or maroon-black bracts (flowers) are real eye-catchers.
• It's an excellent plant for gardens with wet soil.
• The shape of the flower is intriguing, like a flower funnel.
• It has lovely pointed, heart-shaped or arrow-shaped leaves.
• The leaves have silvery-gray spots and look nice even without flowers.
• Leaves are glossy, as if waxed.
• It grows best in cool but bright conditions.
• Give it sun, but it will tolerate a little shade.
• It thrives on heavy watering.
• Plant 2 to 4 inches deep, 12 inches apart.
• Fertilize weekly.
• Slowly stop watering after bloom.
• Don't water again until new growth begins next year.