Anne Jaegers Clippings
Why I love this plant:
• Bell-shaped blossoms dangle from gracefully arching stems.
• It flowers from May to June.
• It requires very little maintenance.
• It comes back year after year.
• This plant looks great until frost, then disappears until spring.
• It grows to about 3 feet tall, standing out among hosta and other woodsy plants.
• Its bright green, 4-inch-long spring leaves alternate with its flowers.
• It is excellent for shade gardens.
Planting Solomon's seal:
• This plant spreads slowly along underground rhizomes (roots), so it's easy to plant.
• Find a shady spot that mimics a woodsy setting.
• Add lots of compost and rich, moisture-retentive soil to planting hole.
• Plant the roots at the same soil depth as a potted plant.
• Water well and often; it likes moist soil.