• Making Persuasive Proposal Presentations, sponsored by Institute of Management Consultants, 7 a.m. to 9 a.m., Rivers Restaurant at the Avalon Hotel, 0455 S.W. Hamilton Court, $12 members, $18 nonmembers, includes breakfast. Call 503-221-0134.
• Investor presentation-skills workshop, sponsored by Oregon Entrepreneurial Forum, 4 p.m., Black Helterline LLP, 805 S.W. Broadway, $30 members, $85 nonmembers, reservations required. Call 503-222-2270.
• American Red Cross Oregon Trail Chapter annual meeting, 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m., Paragon Restaurant Gallery Room, 1309 N.W. Hoyt St., open to anyone who's donated $1 or more to the Red Cross in the last year, reservations required. Call 503-528-5634.
• Metaphysical Tools for You and Your Clients, sponsored by Northwest Coaches Association, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Portland Building, Room C, 1120 S.W. Fifth Ave., $5 members, $10 nonmembers. Call 1-360-882-1298.
• Issues in Land Use Practice: The Nuts and Bolts of Appearing Before Local Governments, sponsored by the Multnomah Bar Association, 3 p.m., World Trade Center, Building 2 Auditorium, 121 S.W. Salmon St., $40 members, $60 nonmembers. Call 503-222-3275.
• Malpractice Crisis or Insurance Crisis: Either Way, Who Pays? sponsored by Professional Services Council of Oregon, 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m., University Club, 1225 S.W. Sixth Ave., $15 members, $25 nonmembers, reservations required. Call 503-243-2734.
• Pub talk on NaturalPoint, a developer of computer-control devices for people with disabilities, sponsored by Oregon Entrepreneurial Forum, 5:15 p.m., BridgePort Brewing Co., 1313 N.W. Marshall St., $15 members, $20 nonmembers. No reservations required.
• Turning Lead Into Gold: Leadership and Transformation, sponsored by Women's Center for Applied Leadership, 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m., University Club, 1225 S.W. Sixth Ave., $15. Call 503-223-8046.
• Networking Fair, sponsored by Software Association of Oregon, 6 p.m., World Forestry Center, Miller Hall, 4033 S.W. Canyon Road, $10 members and unemployed, $20 nonmembers. Call 503-228-5401.