What's happening - Sept. 15, 2011
THURSDAY, SEPT. 15
· SHARE SINGERS MEETING - 10 to 11:30 a.m. West Linn Adult Community Center, 22500 Salamo Road. This group visits nearby assisted living communities to sing and have conversations with residents. New members welcome. Music reading ability not required. Info: Jim, 503-635-9434.
· WEST LINN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AFTER HOURS - 5 to 6:30 p.m. Ribbon cutting at W205 Executive Suites, 1800 Blankenship Road, Ste. 200. Refreshments and raffle prizes. www.westlinnchamber.com.
· LOS BILINGUES TOASTMASTERS - 6:30 p.m. Legacy Meridian Park Tualatin Hospital Education Center. Practice/improve your Spanish and leadership skills. Every Thursday. Visitors free. www.losbilingues.com.
· MARYLHURST TOASTMASTERS - 6:30 p.m. Baxter Hall, Marylhurst University. Open to all. Meets each Thursday. www.marylhursttoastmasters.org.
· WEST LINN RIVERVIEW LIONS CLUB - 6:30 p.m. West Linn Adult Community Center, Rosemont Road. Meeting and dinner. Meets 1st and 3rd Thursdays. 503-657-8290.
· SKYLANDS NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION MEETING AND NEIGHBORHOOD MIXER - 7 p.m. 'Cone Park.' 18049 Skyland Circle. Contact Burke Smith, 503-635-3510.
· WALUGA NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION BOARD MEETING - 7 to 9 p.m. Lake Grove Elementary School. 503-744-0795.
· HOLLY ORCHARD NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION BOARD MEETING - 7 p.m. 4362 Glacier Lily St. All neighbors welcome.
FRIDAY, SEPT. 16
· LAKE OSWEGO CHAMBER OF COMMERCE NETWORKING - 8 to 9 a.m. Refreshments provided.
MONDAY, SEPT. 19
· MONDAY VOLUNTEER GROUP - 8:30 a.m. to noon. Meet at toolshed in gravel parking lot at Mary S. Young Park, West Linn. Invasive species removal. Bring your own work gloves. Tools provided. Lorie, 503-803-0678.
· COMPUTER LEARNING CENTER USERS GROUP - 9 to 11 a.m. Temporary change of meeting place through November: Lake Oswego Computer Repair Store, 393 N. State St. 503-635-3758.
· LAKE OSWEGO ROTARY - Noon. Lakewood Center, 368 S. State St. Meets each Monday. Don Irving, 503-638-0804.
· JOB SEEKERS SUPPORT GROUP - 4 to 6 p.m. Marylhurst University, Baxter Hall. Lynn, 503-699-6271.
· LAKE OSWEGO TOASTMASTERS - 6:30 to 8 p.m. Meets at Mountain Park Clubhouse. Guests should arrive at 6:15p.m. www.lakeoswegotoastmasters.com.
· BOLTON NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION MEETING - 7 p.m. Community room of the Bolton Fire Station. Agenda: Officers Nick Watts and Eric Lee inform on the upcoming county public safety levy; neighborhood association bylaws.
TUESDAY, SEPT. 20
· SCRABBLE CLUB - 6:45 p.m. Lakewood Center, 368 S. State St. Meets every Tuesday. Ruth Hamilton, 503-675-7663. www.portlandscrabble.org.
· WEST LINN/OREGON CITY CHESS CLUB - 7 to 10 p.m. Meets every Tuesday in the basement of Pioneer Adult Community Center, 615 Fifth St., Oregon City. Brian, 503-744-0997.
WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 21
· STAFFORD ADULT CHOIR - 3:45 to 4:45 p.m. Stafford Boutique Retirement Community, 1200 Overlook Drive. Choir directed by Donna Kagan. Refreshments served following practice. Call Rita to register, 503-496-3729.