Featured Stories

Other Pamplin Media Group sites

County election results show different split in LO

The measure, which passed, requires elections for the county to spend on rail projects


A tiny majority of Lake Oswego voters cast ballots against the recent anti-rail measure Sept. 18 in Clackamas County.

The measure, which requires elections before any county funding or staff time can be dedicated to public rail projects, passed in the countywide special election in September.

Countywide, about 60 percent of voters were in favor of the measure, and about 40 percent were against. With 85,150 ballots cast, voter turnout was 39 percent.

Precinct-level results from the special election were recently released.

They show that, in Lake Oswego, 50.3 percent of voters were against the anti-rail measure, meaning they did not want to require elections for the county to use resources on rail projects. On the other hand, 49.7 percent of the city’s voters were in favor. Turnout was just under 42 percent with 9,419 ballots cast.

Following is the breakdown by precinct of votes in Lake Oswego in the Sept. 18 special election.

Against Measure 3-401

First Addition-North Shore: Yes — 48 percent; No — 52 percent

Hallinan-Foothills: Yes — 45 percent; No — 55 percent

Marylhurst: Yes — 49 percent; No — 51 percent

Mountain Park: Yes — 46 percent; No — 54 percent

For Measure 3-401

Westlake: Yes — 53 percent; No — 47 percent

Waluga-Uplands-Country Club: Yes — 51 percent; No — 49 percent

Palisades-South Shore: Yes — 51 percent; No — 49 percent

Westridge-Palisades: Yes — 53 percent; No — 47 percent

Bryant: Yes — 56 percent; No — 44 percent

Lake Grove: Yes — 54 percent; No — 46 percent