Gas leak fixed in downtown Gresham
Gresham firefighters and NW Natural have cleared the scene of a gas leak in historic downtown Gresham on Thursday, Sept. 15, which caused a temporary evacuation.
A resident in the 30 block of Northeast Third Street was installing a fence when he or she hit a gas riser, said Jenna Cooper-Gross, spokeswoman for NW Natural. NW Natural responded to the leak about 10 minutes later around 11 a.m.
Cooper-Gross said crews are working on fixing the riser.
She added that people should call 8-1-1 at least two business days before they dig to make sure they don't accidently hit a gas line.
For more information, visit nwnatural.com/Residential/Safety/811CallBeforeYouDig.