• The Sandy First Friday event is held in downtown Sandy on the first Friday of each month until late fall. The next First Friday is set for Oct. 7. Local businesses offer a variety of specials, sales, tastings or prize drawings. The event is sponsored by Sandy Main Street. For more information, visit ci.sandy.or.us and find Main Street, then events.
• The Wy'east Artisans Guild is sponsoring a speaker, Jim Martin, who will talk about his experiences as a model for Norman Rockwell. The meeting begins at 7 p.m., with doors opening at 6:30 p.m. Monday, Oct. 10, in the Clackamas County Bank community room, 38963 Proctor Blvd. For more information, call 503-668-5590.
• Good Shepherd Community Church of Boring has planned a concert with Bryan Duncan, a Christian music performer, who will sing and tell the story of his recovery. The concert begins at 7 p.m. Friday, Sept. 30, at the church, 28986 Haley Road.
• The Prime Timers Dining Club has planned a dinner meeting at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 5, at Heidi's Restaurant, 1230 N.E. Cleveland (near Burnside) in Gresham. The gathering is mainly for singles age 50 and older. For more information, call 503-936-5861 or visit primetimersdiningclub.com
• The Wy'east Artisans Guild is featuring the work of its members at the Sandy Actors Theatre in an exhibit called 'Lift Me Up.' The exhibit is designed to accompany the current SAT play 'Bill W. and Dr. Bob,' playing through Oct. 16.
• The Sandy Area Chamber of Commerce will have its Good Morning Sandy networking event at 7:30 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 5, at Avamere Assisted Living, 17727 Langensand Road. For more information, call 503-668-4006.
• The morning chapter of Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a weight-loss support group, meets 7:30-9 a.m. Wednesdays at the Clackamas County Bank's Sunset Community Room, 38935 Proctor Blvd. For more information, call SuAnne at 503-668-0002.
• The evening chapter of Take Off Pounds Sensibly meets 6:30-8 p.m. Thursdays at Clackamas County Bank's Sunset Community Room, 38935 Proctor Blvd. For more information, call Sharon at 503-668-3417.
• Celebrate Recovery meets at 6 p.m. Fridays at Good Shepherd Community Church 28986 S.E. Haley Road in Boring. It's open to anyone 18 or older who has any hurts, habits or hang-ups. For more information, call 503-663-5050.
• The Sandy City Council meets at 7 p.m. the first and third Mondays of each month at Sandy City Hall, 39250 Pioneer Blvd. For meeting agendas or more information, go to cityofsandy.com.
• The Villages at Mt. Hood board of directors meets at 4 p.m. the first Tuesday of each month. For agendas or more information, go to thevillagesatmthood
• The Firwood CPO/ Wildcat Mountain Neighbors Association meets at 7 p.m. the second Thursday of each month at the Firwood Fire Station, 24545 Firwood Road, Sandy. For more information, call Marge Stewart, 503-668-8797, or Jerry Hein, 503-826-8448.
• The Boring CPO meets at 7 p.m. the first Tuesday of each month at the Boring Fire Station, 28655 Highway 212, Boring. For more information, call Chairman Steve Bates at 503-663-6271.
• The Oregon Trail School District board of directors meets at 6:30 p.m. the second Monday of each month except July. For locations, meeting agendas or more information, go to ortrail.k12.or.us.
• The Advisory Board to the Sandy and Hoodland Public Libraries meets 4:30-6 p.m. the second Wednesday of each month at the City of Sandy City Hall Conference Room. City Hall is at 39250 Pioneer Blvd., Sandy. To confirm the meeting place and time each month, call 503-489-2168.
• The Boring Water District Board of Commissioners meets at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at the water district office, 28577 Wally Road, Boring; enter driveway across Highway 212 from the Boring Post Office. Public is welcome to attend. For more information, call 503-663-4594.
• The Community Church of Sandy offers a free dinner at 6 p.m. every Friday at 39290 Scenic St. For more information, call 503-668-4543.
• St. Vincent de Paul serves a free lunch noon-2 p.m. every Wednesday at the Sandy Community Action Center, 38982 Pioneer Blvd. For more information, call the center at 503-668-4746.
• St. Michael's Church offers a free dinner at 6 p.m. every Saturday at 18090 S.E. Langensand Road. For more information, call 503-668-4446.