Activated local military
- Madras Pioneer - News
se deployed from Jefferson County:
• Private First Class Charlotte Elder, Army, Kuwait.
• Navy Petty Officer Daniel Feil, USS Abraham Lincoln, Persian Gulf.
• Private First Class Nile Alexander, Army 313 Maintenance, Kuwait.
• Staff Sergeant Randy Townsend, Air Force, undisclosed location in Persian Gulf area.
• Airman First Class (A1C) Derrick Morris, Air Force, Ramstein, Germany. On 24-hour notice for deployment to Persian Gulf area.
• Darin McCool, Navy Airman Electrician (AE3), USS Kitty Hawk, Persian Gulf.
• Army Private Travis Richesin, based in Kaiserslautern, Germany, is at an undisclosed location in Middle East.
• Staff Sgt. James England, US Army, Kuwait, 766th Ordinance Company, (an explosive ordinance disposal unit).
• Lance Corporal Tashna Hicks, Marine Corps, Kuwait.
• Lance Corporal Sunshine "Suni" Yubeta, Marine Corps, Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU), Kuwait.
• Private First Class Rose Sanchez, Marine Corps, Kuwait.
• Seaman Hester Scott, USS George Washington, was in Persian Gulf currently in Norfolk, Va.
• Sgt. Anthony A. Chopito III, 1st Force Recon Company, 10th Platoon, Marine Reserves, Kuwait.
• Johnny Key, a Ranger with the 101st Airborne Division, 3rd Brigade, 2nd Battalion, 187th Infantry, undisclosed location.
• Sgt. John Thomas Winsor, Kuwait, 86th Signal and Intelligence Brigade.
• Army Specialist Eric Whittenburg, undisclosed forward location to support Mission Enduring Freedom.
• Navy Airman Tashina Berg, USS Kitty Hawk in the Persian Gulf.
• Navy Airman Charles Chaplin, USS Kitty Hawk in the Persian Gulf.
The Pioneer is seeking the names and photos of Jefferson County military personnel who have been deployed to the Middle East or elsewhere overseas. Call 475-2275 if you have relatives to add to the list.