- Madras Pioneer - News
sp; Prineville resident Shirley L. Wilson died June 12, 2003, at Pioneer Memorial Hospital in Prineville. She was 74.
Mrs. Wilson was born on May 24, 1929, in Colfax, Iowa to Morris and Avis Amanda (Hilsabeck) Biddle. She moved to Oregon from Iowa in 1946, settling in Harrisburg and then to West Fir. On Dec. 24, 1946, she married Kenneth Wilson in Harrisburg. The couple lived in West Fir for over 50 years, where they managed the Bar BL Ranch. She had recently moved to Prineville to be closer to her daughter.
Mrs. Wilson was a member of the Jehovah's Witness Congregation in Oakridge, Ore., where she ministered. She loved horseback riding, spending many springs and summers riding in the Three Sisters Wilderness areas. She had a beautiful voice and sang in a group with her sisters when they were young. In later years, she continued her passion for music, taught Bible education classes to many students over the years as a Jehovah's Witness, and always had her family as her main focus.
Survivors include her husband, Kenneth Wilson of West Fir; daughters Terry and her husband Tim Knuths of Madras, Susie and her husband Stew Overton of Prineville, Peggy and her husband Andy McChesney of Vancouver, Wash., and Robin and her husband Bill Dye of West Fir; brother, Morris Biddle of Iowa; sisters, Jessie Turner of Iowa, and Gleema Corcoran of Broken Bow, Okla., and Peggy Wilson of Oakridge, Ore.; 13 grandchildren; and numerous great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by several brothers and sisters.
Memorial services will be held at 6 p.m., Wednesday, June 18, at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses in Oakridge. Inturnment will be held at the Oakridge Cemetery. Arrangements are under the direction of the Prineville Funeral Home.