• A benefit concert and dance has been organized to help Stevie Rae Urwin of Brightwood with expenses during her recovery from being hit from behind while she walked a dog along Highway 211 near Bornstedt Road. The concert is from 8 p.m. to midnight Friday, Oct. 14, at the Wonder Ballroom, 128 N.E. Russell St., Portland. For tickets visit ticketfly.com/event/65319.
• Sandy Community Center will host a free clothing exchange for women, men children and teens at 1 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 16. Please bring only items in clean, wearable condition (no rips or visible stains), including clothes, shoes, and accessories. Leftover items will be donated to the Sandy Action Center. For more information, visit groups.yahoo.com/group/sandyswap. Sandy Community Center is at 38348 Pioneer Blvd.
• The Sandy Saturday Market is held in the AEC Building, 39065 Pioneer Blvd., the first Saturday of November and December. In addition to the many vendors' offerings, there will be food and beverages. For information or to become a vendor, call Carol Cohen at 503-475-2347.
• The Sandy First Friday event is held in downtown Sandy on the first Friday of each month until Nov. 4. Local businesses offer a variety of specials, sales, tastings or prize drawings. The event is sponsored by Sandy Main Street. For more information, visit the city's website at ci.sandy.or.us.
• Shorty's Corner of Firwood is hosting an ongoing can and food drive to benefit the Sandy Community Action Center. Nonperishable donations are accepted daily at 42600 S.E. Highway 26, east of Sandy.
• The Sandy Area Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Center is featuring the work of photographer Brandy Watson, whose work is scheduled to be on display throughout October, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. seven days a week, at the chamber visitor center, 38963 Pioneer Blvd.
• The Wy'east Artisans Guild is featuring the work of its members at the Sandy Actors Theatre in an exhibit called 'Lift Me Up.' The exhibit is designed to accompany the current SAT play 'Bill W. and Dr. Bob,' playing through Oct. 16.
• The City of Sandy is continuing to promote the 100th anniversary of its incorporation with a hybrid half-marathon as well as 10K and 5K runs. The event is set to be held with a staggered start at 8 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 30. For advance registration (less expensive) or more information, call 503-668-5569.
• The Sandy Optimist Club meets at 7 p.m. every Thursday at the Sandy Senior Center, 38438 Pioneer Blvd. For more information, call 503-668-9542 or go to sandyoptimist.org.
• The Sandy Lions Club meets at 6:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesday of every month in the upstairs conference room of the Sandy Community Center, 38438 Pioneer Blvd. For more information, call 503-668-8287 or e-mail [email protected]
• The Sandy Area Chamber of Commerce will have its Good Morning Sandy networking event at 7:30 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 19, at Creative Visions Landscaping, 9965 Orient Drive. For more information, call 503-668-4006.
• The Sandy Area Chamber of Commerce will have its Brown Bag Workshop at noon Thursday, Oct. 20, at the chamber office, 38963 Pioneer Blvd. The topic is how to use YouTube to promote a business. For more information, call 503-668-4006.
• The morning chapter of Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a weight-loss support group, meets 7:30-9 a.m. Wednesdays at the Clackamas County Bank's Sunset Community Room, 38935 Proctor Blvd. For more information, call SuAnne at 503-668-0002.
• The evening chapter of Take Off Pounds Sensibly meets 6:30-8 p.m. Thursdays at Clackamas County Bank's Sunset Community Room, 38935 Proctor Blvd. For more information, call Sharon at 503-668-3417.
• Celebrate Recovery meets at 6 p.m. Fridays at Good Shepherd Community Church 28986 S.E. Haley Road in Boring. It's open to anyone 18 or older who has any hurts, habits or hang-ups. For more information, call 503-663-5050.
• The Sandy City Council meets at 7 p.m. the first and third Mondays of each month at Sandy City Hall, 39250 Pioneer Blvd. For meeting agendas or more information, go to cityofsandy.com.
• The Villages at Mt. Hood board of directors meets at 4 p.m. the first Tuesday of each month. For agendas or more information, go to thevillagesatmthood.com.
• The Firwood CPO/ Wildcat Mountain Neighbors Association meets at 7 p.m. the second Thursday of each month at the Firwood Fire Station, 24545 Firwood Road, Sandy. For more information, call Marge Stewart, 503-668-8797, or Jerry Hein, 503-826-8448.
• The Boring CPO meets at 7 p.m. the first Tuesday of each month at the Boring Fire Station, 28655 Highway 212, Boring. For more information, call Chairman Steve Bates at 503-663-6271.
• The Oregon Trail School District board of directors meets at 6 p.m. the second Monday of each month except July. For locations, meeting agendas or more information, go to ortrail.k12.or.us.
• The Advisory Board to the Sandy and Hoodland Public Libraries meets 4:30-6 p.m. the second Wednesday of each month at the City of Sandy City Hall Conference Room. City Hall is located at 39250 Pioneer Blvd. To confirm the meeting place and time each month, call 503-489-2168.
• The Boring Water District Board of Commissioners meets at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at the water district office, 28577 Wally Road, Boring; enter driveway across Highway 212 from the Boring Post Office. Public is welcome to attend. For more information, call 503-663-4594.
• The Community Church of Sandy offers a free dinner at 6 p.m. every Friday at 39290 Scenic St. For more information, call 503-668-4543.
• St. Vincent de Paul serves a free lunch noon-2 p.m. every Wednesday at the Sandy Community Action Center, 38982 Pioneer Blvd. For more information, call the center at 503-668-4746.
• St. Michael's Church offers a free dinner at 6 p.m. every Saturday at 18090 S.E. Langensand Road. For more information, call 503-668-4446.