10-3-12 Trustee's Notices
The Trustee under the terms of the Trust Deed described herein, at the direction of the Beneficiary, hereby elects to sell the property described in the Trust Deed to satisfy the obligations secured thereby. Pursuant to ORS 86.745, the following information is provided:
Grantor: MARK SCHAFF AND SANDRA SCHAFF
Trustee: FIRS AMERICAN TITLE INSURANCE COMPANY OF OREGON
Successor Trustee: NANCY K. CARY
Beneficiary: WASHINGTON FEDERAL fka
WASHINGTON FEDERAL SAVINGS
2. DESCRIPTION OF PROPERTY: The real property is described as follows:
Parcel 3 of PARTITION PLAT 2003-02, Recorded: April 1, 2003 as instrument #2003-1538, Jefferson County, Oregon.
3. RECORDING. The Trust Deed was recorded as follows:
Date Recorded: May 19, 2004
Recording No.: 2004-002233
Official Records of Jefferson County, Oregon
4. DEFAULT. The Grantor or any other person obligated on the Trust Deed and Promissory Note secured thereby is in default and the Beneficiary seeks to foreclose the Trust Deed for failure to pay: Monthly payments in the amount of $794.00 each, due the first of each month, for the months of March 2012 through July 2012; plus late charges and advances; plus any unpaid real property taxes or liens, plus interest.
5. AMOUNT DUE. The amount due on the Note which is secured by the Trust Deed referred to herein is: Principal balance in the amount of $93,186.73; plus interest at the rate of 6.250% per annum from February 1, 2012; plus late charges of $264.83; plus advances and foreclosure attorney fees and costs.
6. SALE OF PROPERTY. The Trustee hereby states that the property will be sold to satisfy the obligations secured by the Trust Deed. A Trustee's Notice of Default and Election to Sell Under Terms of Trust Deed has been recorded in the Official Records of Jefferson County, Oregon.
7. TIME OF SALE.
Date: November 15, 2012
Time: 11:00 a.m.
Place: Jefferson County Courthouse, 75 SE "C" Street, Madras, Oregon
8. RIGHT TO REINSTATE. Any person named in ORS 86.753 has the right, at any time that is not later than five days before the Trustee conducts the sale, to have this foreclosure dismissed and the Trust Deed reinstated by payment to the Beneficiary of the entire amount then due, other than such portion of the principal as would not then be due had no default occurred, by curing any other default that is capable of being cured by tendering the performance required under the obligation or Trust Deed and by paying all costs and expenses actually incurred in enforcing the obligation and Trust Deed, together with the trustee's and attorney's fees not exceeding the amount provided in ORS 86.753.
You may reach the Oregon State Bar's Lawyer Referral Service at 503-684-3763 or toll-free in Oregon at 800-452-7636 or you may visit its website at: www.osbar.org. Legal assistance may be available if you have a low income and meet federal poverty guidelines. For more information and a directory of legal aid programs, go to http://www.oregonlawhelp.org.
Any questions regarding this matter should be directed to Lisa Summers, Paralegal, (541) 686-0344
DATED: July 9, 2012.
/s/ Nancy K. Cary
Nancy K. Cary, Successor Trustee
Hershner Hunter, LLP
P.O. Box 1475
Eugene, OR 97440
Publish: September 12, 19, 26, October 3, 2012
NOTICE OF SHERIFF'S SALE
) State of Oregon
) County of Jefferson
) Court Case # 11CV0105
On the 5th day of November, 2012, at the hour of 10:00 a.m. at the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office lobby, 675 NW Cherry Lane, in the City of Madras, Oregon, I will sell at public auction to the highest bidder for cash in hand, the following described real property, subject to redemption, located in Jefferson County, Oregon, to wit:
Beginning at a point 1236.2 feet, South 68 05 West of the center of Section 1, Township 11 South, Range 13 East of the Willamette Meridian, Jefferson County, Oregon; thence South 00 04 West 100.00 feet; thence North 89 56 East 115 feet, thence North 00 04 East 100 feet; thence South 89 56 East 115 feet, to the point of beginning.
And more commonly known as 493 & 495 Northeast Tenth Street, Madras, Oregon 97741
Said sale is made pursuant to a Writ of Execution dated the 15th day of September, 2012, issued out of the Circuit Court of the State of Oregon for the County of Jefferson to me directed in the case of:
WELLS FARGO BANK, N.A., its successors in interest and/or assigns, Plaintiff vs. JAMES L. CARROLL; MELANIE A. CARROLL; and Occupants of the Premises, Defendants.
PROSPECTIVE BIDDERS, READ THIS
Before bidding at the sale, a prospective bidder should independantly investigate:
(a) The priority of the lien or interest of the judgement creditor;
(b) Land use laws and regulations applicable to the property;
(c) Approved uses for the property;
(d) Limits on farming or forest practices on the property;
(e) Rights of neighboring property owners; and
(f) Environmental laws and regulations that affect the property.
CONDITIONS OF SALE: Only U.S. currency and/or certified cashier's checks made payable to the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office will be accepted, at the time and location of the sale. Payment must be made in full immediately upon close of sale. Funds subject to inspection.
I hereby declare that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief, and that I understand it is made for use as evidence in court and is subject to penalty for perjury.
Jim Adkins, SHERIFF
Jefferson County, Oregon
By Gipson, Debbie Chief Civil Deputy
Publish: October 3, 10, 17, 24, 2012