Mask and Mirror to stage original musical
'Robin Hood: The Musical' has parts for an assortment of would-be performers
TIGARD - Mask and Mirror Community Theatre of Tigard and Tualatin are preparing to audition teens through adults for singing and dancing roles in 'Robin Hood: The Musical,' an original production with book, words and music by Tigard residents Glen and Sandy Libonati.
Reading, singing and dance auditions will be held from 7 to 9:30 p.m. (no appointments necessary) on Dec. 5 and 6. Auditioners are asked to bring a current, non-returnable photo and resume (if you do not have a photo, one will be taken at the audition).
Parts include eight male roles, four female roles and two that can be either. They include:
* Robin Hood - A charismatic leader. Must sing and have some simple dance/movement ability. Male, age 18 to 30.
* Maid Marion - Charming, fun and loyal to Robin. Must sing and have some simple dance/movement ability. Female, 18 to 30.
* Narrator 1 - Proper English type, easily annoyed. Takes himself and his role very seriously. Male, 30 to 60.
* Narrator 2 - Young, energetic and a little cocky. Lead hip hop dancer. Male or female, 18 to 25.
* Prince John - Full of himself, tries to be evil and controlling but is truly a sniveling coward. Must sing and do simple dance/movement. Male, 30 to 50.
* Sheriff - A whiny-weasel, sidekick to Prince John. Ensemble singing and simple dance/movement. Male, 30 to 60. Also plays the role of Tax Collector.
* Soldier 1 - Silly assistant to the sheriff. Male or female, 20 to 40. Also plays the role of Dancer No. 2, must be able to dance hip hop.
* Soldier 2 - Mindless assistant to the sheriff. Male, 20 to 40. Also plays the role of Dancer No. 3. Must be able dance hip hop. Also plays King Richard.
* Friar Tuck - Outgoing, jolly fellow who just wants to be included. Ensemble singing and simple dance/movement. Male, 30 to 60. Also plays the parts of Town Crier and Archery Announcer.
* Little Jean - She might be small, but she'll never back down. Must be comfortable singing a simple duet and have easy dance/movement ability. Female, 18 to 30. Also plays the role of Townsperson.
* Merry Man 1 - Robin's main man, but a little slow. Ensemble singing and simple dance/movement. Male, 18 to 50. Also plays the part of Townsperson.
* Merry Man 2 - Robin's tough guy. Will take anyone on to protect Robin, except maybe Little Jean. Ensemble singing and simple dance/movement. Male, 18 to 50.
* Lady 1 - Maid Marion's main lady in waiting, a fun, spry grandma-type who is hard of hearing, carries an 'ear horn' with her at all times. Ensemble singing and simple dance/movement. Female, 60 to 80.
* Lady 2 - Maid Marion's assistant, keeps track of Lady 1, who is always wandering off. Also has a thing for Merry Man No. 2. Ensemble singing and simple dance/movement. Female, 18 to 25. Also plays the part of Dorothy (yes, from 'The Wizard of Oz').