The changing easel - December art exhibits
* The Art Gym - Marylhurst University, BP John Administration Bldg., 17600 Pacific Hwy., Marylhurst. Showing David Eckhard's 'Deployment.' Closed Thanksgiving weekend. Show runs through Dec. 11. 503-699-6243.
* Attic Gallery - 206 S.W. First Ave., Portland. Showing Earl Hamilton mixed media paintings, Jerry Fenter watercolors and Sandy Visse hand-built ceramic sculpture through Dec. 31. Opening reception Dec. 1, 6 to 9 p.m. 503-228-7830; atticgallery.com.
* Alexander Gallery at Clackamas Community College - Niemeyer Center on campus, 19600 Molalla. Showing 'Fall Run,' a collaborative body of work by son and mother Rod and Donna Pike. The art pieces are suspended, wooden, carved and hand-painted fish that explore the merriment of nature. Through Dec. 22. 503-594-3032.
* Artemisia - 110 S.E. 28th Ave., Portland. Michael Wegner Aiello's 'Collage with Nature.' Opening reception Dec. 2. 503-232-8224.
* Bullseye Gallery - 'BodyWork,' a group exhibition featuring work that is both intimate and wearable. Nov. 30 through Dec. 31. Opening reception Nov. 30 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. 300 N.W. 13th Ave., Portland. 503-227-0222.
* Butters Gallery - 520 N.W. Davis St., Portland. Furtile Ground, an exhibition of recent paintings of David Geiser through Jan. 28. Opening reception Dec. 1 from 6 to 9 p.m. Also on exhibit are Toyoda platters through Dec. 24. 503-248-9378.
* [email protected] - 916 N.W. Flanders, Portland. Werd Scho Wida, which translates to 'Things will get better again,' mixed media paintings by Lake Oswego native Blakely Dadson through Dec. 23. Opening reception Dec. 1, 6 to 8:30 p.m.
* Charles A. Hartman Fine Art - 134 N.W. Eighth Ave., Portland. Jeffrey Conley's 'Winter,' exhibit continues through Jan. 14, 2012. 503-287-3886.
* Elizabeth Leach Gallery - 417 N.W. Ninth Ave., Portland. The final installation of the 30th anniversary exhibition program is 'Body Gesture,' an exhibition of historical and contemporary feminist art. This exhibition will feature several artists whose representations of the human body, as well as their physical art making processes, evoke the political. Through Jan. 28, 2012. www.elizabethlea
ch.com . 503-224-0521.
* Gallery Without Walls - Sculpture art throughout Lake Oswego. www.lofa.org.
* Graeter Art Gallery - 131 N.W. Second Ave., Portland. Gamic Magic: New works by Jesse Reno and Theodore Holdt on exhibit Dec. 1 through 30. Opening reception Dec. 1, 5 to 10 p.m. Holiday print sale Dec. 8, 4 to 7 p.m., Dec. 9, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Dec. 10, 11 a.m to 7 p.m. featuring limited edition archival prints from seven artists.
* Hoffman Gallery for Contemporary Art at Lewis and Clark College - 0615 S.W. Palatine Hill, Portland. Twenty past fellows of the Bonnie Bronson Fund - including David Eckard, Christine Bourdette, Marie Watt, MK Guth, and Kristy Edmunds - display their work. Dec. 11. 503-768-7687. www.lcark.edu/hoffman_gallery/exhibitions/schedule/
* James McGrew Fine Art - 412 Jefferson Parkway, Ste. 204, Lake Oswego. Hosting a special collector's event Dec. 1, 6 to 9 p.m. featuring recent works by Brenda Boylan, Eric Bowman, Thomas Jefferson Kitts and James McGrew. A portion of certain sales will be donated to various charities including Lake Oswego School District Foundation and Oregon Ballet Theatre. For specifics, contact McGrew at 503-358-9131. Preview works at www.brendaboylan.com , www.ericbowman.com , www.jamesmcgrewfineart.com and www.thomaskitts.com .
* The Laura Russo Gallery - 805 N.W. 21st Ave., Portland. New work by Erik Stotik and selected ceramics by Frank Boyden, including recent collaborations with Tom Coleman. Opening reception Dec. 1, 5 to 8 p.m. 503-226-2754. www.laurarusso.com.
* Lake Oswego Public Library - 706 Fourth St., Lake Oswego. Showing the art by King's Children Preschool through December.
* Lake Oswego Adult Community Center. View member art Monday, Wednesday and Friday in Oak and Acorn rooms. 505 G Ave.
* Multnomah Art Center - S.W. Capitol Hwy., Portland. Isabelle Johnstonn's 'Haist, From East to West,' sculptures and paintings. Dec. 5 through Jan. 4. Opening reception Dec. 9, 7 to 9 p.m. 503-823-2787.
* Oregon Society of Artists - 2185 S.W. Park Place, Portland. Group art show featuring winter scenes through Jan. 6. Opening reception Dec. 11, 1 to 4 p.m. Open 1 to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday. One block from Washington Park entrance. Free parking and treats. 503-228-0706. www.or
* The Stafford Boutique Retirement Community - 1200 Overlook Drive. Showing the art of local artists Norma Sullivan and Peter O'Brien Dec. 2 through 28. Opening reception with live watercolor painting demonstration by O'Brien planned for Dec. 2 from 4 to 5 p.m. 503-496-3729.
* Cathedral Arts, Trinity Episcopal Cathedral - 147 N.W. 19th Ave., Portland. 'Una Fiesta de Esperanza/ A Party of Hope' fine art and craft from Cuba in a variety of media. Opening reception Dec. 2, 5 to 8 p.m. through Dec. 31. 503-222-9811.
* West Linn Public Library - 1595 Burns St. Sue Allen's 'Wild and Tame' screenprints and artistic books on display through Nov. 29. Don Jacobson's 'Echo' series of kaleidoscope abstracted photographs will be on exhibit Dec. 2 through 29. 503-656-7853.