Featured Stories

Other Pamplin Media Group sites

CCFR extinguishes garage fire

by: CENTRAL OREGONIAN -

Crook County Fire and Rescue responded to a structure fire Tuesday evening at 775 N.E. Third St., in Prineville.
   The call came in at approximately 7:53 p.m. Crews arrived minutes later to find the 400-square-foot garage fully involved with overhead electrical exposures from a burning power pole. Crews also mitigated a vehicle burning along with an exposure fire to a garage and fence on the adjacent property.
   Two engines and an ambulance responded, exposures were protected, and the fire was extinguished. Pacific Power restored electrical service to several residences. No families were displaced from the event.
   The loss is estimated to be approximately $12,000. The fire was caused due to match-play from a 12-year-old child living at the property.