Chamber board elections approach, new executive director is sought
- Woodburn Independent - News
The Woodburn Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors has approved the following four candidates for election to the chamber board:
1. Elias Villegas for re-election (served since 2012); dean, Chemeketa Community College, Woodburn campus;
2. Arthur Janos – for election; manager, US Bank Woodburn branch;
3. Elida Sifuentez – for election; community activist, Fiesta Mexicana volunteer, former Woodburn city councilor;
4. Melinda Veliz - for election; community engagement and inclusion director, Silverton Health
The board meets on the third Wednesday of the month from 7:30 to 9 a.m. Board members are expected to attend 75 percent of these meetings as well as support chamber programs and events.
Nominations must be received in the chamber office by noon on Friday. Ballots will be distributed Nov. 1, with the election closing on Nov. 8 at noon.
Additionally, the board is seeking an energetic, self-starter whose attention to detail is only surpassed by their passion for people and willingness to think outside the box for its next executive director.
The full job description is at woodburnchamber.org. Applications are due Nov. 15.