A Colton-area barn fire at 23342 S. Schieffer Road has closed nearby roads to traffic, including South Schieffer, South Partridge and South Gordon roads.
At about 1:30 p.m. today (Thursday), 15 units from Colton, Estacada and Molalla fire districts responded to the report of a residential fire at that address.
Flames and smoke shot into the air following the explosion of what is thought to have been three propane tanks inside a barn on a farm known as the Old Miller Place.
Molalla Fire Chief Vince Stafford said one truck from Molalla responded, and that Clackamas Fire District got called to assist at about 2:15 p.m.
Cindy Fama, a Molalla Pioneer correspondent, is at the scene. Fama said the blaze was the result of a trash fire that got out of control.
Firefighters were able to keep the flames from spreading to the nearby farm house.
By 3 p.m., the fire was brought under control, but the roads are still closed.