- Lake Oswego Review - News
THURSDAY, JANUARY 8
· 50+ ADVISORY BOARD - 8:30 a.m., West End Building, 2nd Floor, 4101 Kruse Way. Contact Ann Adrian 503-635-3758 .
· WEST LINN COMMUNITY CHORUS REHEARSALS - 7 p.m., Emmanuel Presbyterian Church, 19200 Willamette Dr., West Linn. Rehearsals for 'It's A Grand Night for Broadway.' Open to the public.
· MAC USER'S GROUP - 12:30 p.m., Lake Oswego Adult Community Center.
· WEST LINN CHAMBER NETWORKING AND RIBBON CUTTING - 5 to 6:30 p.m., Heritage Gallery, 1914 Willamette Falls Dr., Ste. 140.
· NEWCOMERS WELCOME CLUB NEW MEMBER COFFEE - 10:30 a.m. Contact Joanne at 503-665-1924 for location. Newcomers, empty nesters, singles, retirees - all are welcome. Group supports friendship and helping others.
FRIDAY, JANUARY 9
· WALLMASTERS TOASTMASTERS - 6:45 a.m., TOC Management
Services, 6825 SW Sandburg Rd., Tigard. Contact Cleon Cox 503-684-3581.
· JOB FINDERS SUPPORT GROUP - Noon to 2 p.m. at Capitol Hill Library, 10723 SW Capitol Highway, Portland. Contact Cleon Cox 503-684-3581.
· FIRST FRIDAYS AT WEST LINN LIBRARY - 6:30 to 8:15 p.m. Teen event with game night in the Teen Room. Wii, DDR, board games, prizes and more. Free.
· LAKE OSWEGO CHAMBER NETWORKING - 8 a.m., Snap Fitness, 6296 S.W. Meadows Rd., Lake Oswego.
SUNDAY, JANUARY 11
· FUTURE STARS YOUTH COMMUNICATION AND LEADERSHIP CLUB - 5 to 6:15 p.m., Cascade Summit Apartments Clubhouse, 22100 Horizon Dr., West Linn. Based on Toastmasters model. Open to all, contact Cathey Armillas at 503-453-7785.
· RECYCLE SERVICE FOR WINTER STORM BROKEN LIMBS, BRANCHES, TREES, GARLANDS AND SWAGS - 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., drop off at Lake Oswego Hunt Club, 2725 Iron Mountain Blvd., or for pick up service call 503-887-7488 ahead to schedule a time. Minimum donation of $10 depending on size of load. All proceeds go to the Waluga Neighborhood Association Foundation and the LO Hunt Club.
· BLOCK FOAM RECYCLING EVENT - 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Waluga Jr. High School, 4700 Jean Rd., Lake Oswego. Cost $5 per carload or 410 per pick-up truck/van/SUV load. Clean, dry and bagged block foam. For information contact Susan Millhauser, 503-635-0291.
MONDAY, JANUARY 12
· COMPUTER USER'S GROUP - 9 a.m. Q and A, 9:30 a.m. Turbo Tax Part 2 with Dick Steingraber. Lake Oswego Adult Community Center.
TUESDAY, JANUARY 13
· SCRABBLE CLUB - 6:45 p.m., Lakewood Center for the Arts. Club meets weekly. Contact Ruth Hamilton 503-675-7663.
· GRUPO DE CHARLAR - 6 to 8 p.m. at West Linn Public Library. Open to Spanish speakers of all skill levels, or Spanish speakers who would like to practice their English.
· NEWBERY BOOK CLUB - 4:15 p.m., West Linn Library. Book club members (4th-7th graders) will pick their own Newbery winner. Sign-up is required call 503-656-7853 x4.
· LAKE GROVE FIRE DISTRICT BOARD MEETING - 6:30 p.m., 16400 Bryant, Lake Oswego. Contact Sherry Patterson at 503-639-5161.
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 14
· WEST LINN TRANSPORTATION ADVISORY BOARD - 6 p.m., West Linn City Hall Bolton Room.
· WEST LINN CHAMBER MID-DAY NETWORKING - 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Bullseye Coffee, 1980 Willamette Falls Dr., Suite 120.
· HOME-BASED BUSINESS GROUP MEETING - 4 to 6 p.m., Pacific West Bank, 2040 8th Ave., West Linn.
THURSDAY, JANUARY 15
· WEST LINN LIBRARY COMPUTER CLASS - 6:30 p.m. Introduction to Web-based e-mail accounts. Personal e-mail not required. Must have basic computer skills.
· LO CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - FORGE MARKETING SUMMIT- 8 a.m. to noon, Lake Oswego Crowne Plaza Hotel. Featured speakers: Mike Edwards, lucy Activewear; Kent Lews, Anvil Media, Inc.; Tim McNamara, Rose City Radio; Steve Marshall, The New Group and Craig Opfer, Magneto Brand Advertising. Cost $69 includes keynote address, two breakout sessions, breakfast and conference materials. For information and registration see http://lakeoswegochamber.chambermaster.com/directory or call 503-636-3634.
· PALISADES NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m., Lakeridge High School rotunda. Voting on bylaws. Contact Sally Moncrieff at 503-482-5910.
· LAKE OSWEGO PRESCHOOL FORUM - 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., West End Building. Representatives from more than 30 preschools will provide literature and talk about their schools teaching philosophies. Free and open to the public. For more information visit www.lomoms.com/events .
· WALUGA NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m., Lake Grove Elementary School. Contact Jeff Novak 503-635-6664.
· LAKE GROVE GARDEN CLUB - 11 a.m., Lake Oswego Heritage House, 10 St. and A Ave. Program: 'The Organized Gardener, New Years Resolutions' with speaker Nadine Black from Joy Creek Nursery. Contact Darby Walker 503-675-0173.
· LAKEWOOD CENTER ASSOCIATES MONTHLY LUNCHEON - 10 a.m., Lakewood Center, 368 S. State St., Coffee and business meeting followed by Cyndie Glazer from the Lake Oswego Library discussion 'Stubborn Twig' and the planned activities for the 2009 Oswego Reads book selection. Cost $8. Reservations necessary. Contact 503-699-5536.
· WEST LINN CHAMBER NETWORKING - 5 to 6:30 p.m., Oregon Legal Center, 2875 Marlhurst Dr., West Linn.
Send news of your event to What's Happening, Review/Tidings, P.O. Box 548, Lake Oswego, Ore. 97034. Deadline for submissions is noon Friday before the next publication date.