On the last Thursday of every month, this space will be dedicated to the rich abundance of artists, art shows, galleries and exhibits in our area. Look here for news on upcoming art festivals, local art classes and any local art-related information.
* Attic Gallery - 206 S.W. First Ave., Portland. David Carmack Lewis oil paintings on canvas. Artist's reception April 7 from 6 to 9 p.m. 503-228-7830; atticgallery.com.
* 2011 Cap Art Auction Art Available for View - Fifteen live auction art works are available for public view at www.capartauction.-org/gallery.html. The Art Auction will feature more than 280 works of art.
* Clackamas Community College - 19600 Molalla Ave., Oregon City. Artwork from the award-winning film 'Coraline' is part of the new exhibition of animation and animation production at the Alexander Gallery. Contact Nancy Clark 503-594-3161. Runs through April 22.
* Douglas F. Cooley Memorial Art Gallery - Reed College, 3203 S.E. Woodstock Blvd., Portland. 'A Life of Forms in Art,' the first exhibit of Oregon calligrapher, visual artist and Reed College professor, Lloyd Reynolds.
* Elizabeth Leach Gallery - 417 N.W. 9th, Portland. 30th Anniversary Exhibition with Sean Healy, Isaac Layman and Allen Ginsberg. Contact Caitlin Schaap 503-224-0521.
* Gresham Art Walk call to artists - Applications accepted now through June 1 for the July 16 event. Artist placement is based on jury choice and a first-come, first-serve basis. Apply at www.GreshamArtWalk.com or call 503-661-9255.
* iWitness Gallery - 1028 Water Ave., Portland. Exhibit featuring National Geographic photographers, Melissa Farlow and Randy Olson, runs through April 30. www. nwcenterforphotogra-phy.com/iwitnessgallery/idex.html.
* Lake Area Artists 46th Annual Show and Sale - Lakewood Center for the Arts, 368 S. State Street. April 15 and 16 from 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Artists' reception April 15 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. with wine from Amity Winery and music by Hanson Duet. Guest potters include Steve Schiefelbein, Penelope Dews and Dave and Boni Deal. Contact Linda Terhark 503-635-2778 or Cindy Potter at 503-692-9504.
* Lake Oswego Library - 706 4th Street. Linnea Osterberg's exhibit 'Bound at the Heart, A Celebration of Twins' will display photos by of Lake Oswego's twins of all agesby Linnea Osterberg. Contact Ann Smith 503-956-2791.
* Lake Oswego Festival announces 2011 special exhibit 'The Language of Sculpture' - The three-day festival June 24, 25, 26 will feature sculptures by Ben Dye, Jason Johnston, Ken Patton, Alisa Fromway Roe and many others. For more information, visit www.Lakewood-center.org.
* Laura Russo Gallery - 805 N.W. 21st Ave., Portland. Mary Josephson 'Work+=Play' and Julie Blackmon and Eirik Johnson recent photography. Reception April 7 from 5 to 8 p.m. Contact 503-226-2754; laurarusso.com.
* Lewis and Clark College - 0615 S.W. Palatine Hill Rd., Portland. Senior Art Exhibit brings together the artwork made by 13 graduating seniors in the department. Contact Hoffman Gallery, 503-768-7687.
Watzek Library Atrium - Exhibit honors the appointment of Paulann Petersen as State Poet Laureate with manuscripts, books broadsides, photographs, artifacts. Runs through May 8.
* Mark Randall and his Go-Go Dancers - Accanto Restaurant, 2838 S.E. Belmont St., Portland. Show runs through the end of April. Contact 503-880-9295.
* Marylhurst University - 17600 Pacific Hwy. Marylhurst. 'Dance: before, after, during' exhibit with materials, documentation and performances by Linda Austin, Susan Banyas, Thani Holt and Linda K. Johnson. In Gallery 2: 'Past Moves' with selected archival footage of Portland dance performances in the 70s and 80s.
Performances April 3: Linda K. Johnson 3:15 p.m., Linda Austin 4 p.m., Tahni Holt 4:45 p.m. April 30 and May 14: Susan Banyas at 2 p.m.
Contact: Terri Hopkins 503-636-8141, ext. 3383.
* The Odgepodge Gallery - 16237 Railroad St., Sherwood. Gallery to host a monthly bead party with Sharon Orella on the last Saturday of the month. Quilting 101 for fun on second Sundays. Contact 503-625-5692, www.mypalettelife.com.
* Oregon Jewish Museum - 1953 N.W. Kearney St., Portland. 'Ernest Bloch - Framing a Vision of the World' will run to May 8. Renowned composer, Ernest Bloch, was also a talented photographer. The exhibit includes 40 photographs, original music scores, family memorabilia and personal letters. 503-226-3600.
* Oregon Society of Artists - 2185 S.W. Park Place, Portland. Plein air group art show. Reception opening April 10. Contact 503-228-0706; oregonsocietyofartists.com.
* Portland Community College - Northview Gallery, Sylvania Campus, 12000 S.W. 49th Ave. PCC art instructor Evertt A. Beidler will exhibit two kinetic works and a short experimental film 'Moves Manager.' Artists' talk on March 31 at 1 p.m. Exhibit runs through April 29. Contact Dana Haynes 503-977-4376.
* Portland Open Studios: Call to Artists - Area artists are invited to join in the annual open studio tour on Oct. 8, 9, 15 and 16. Open to all visual media, artists are chosen by a jury of three professionals. To apply visit www.portlandopenstudios.com.
* Stafford Boutique Retirement Community - 1200 Overlook Dr., Lake Oswego. Verna Faye Birch and her students will exhibit watercolor paintings through April 27. Contact Rita Segura 503-496-3729.
* Trinity Episcopal Church - 147 N.W. 19th Ave., Portland. 'Back to Nature,' exhibit by High Fiber Diet. Art inspired by the natural world will be on display to April 27. Contact Allan Oliver 503-539-7585.
* West Linn Public Library - 1595 Burns St. Watercolorist Cindy Geffel will exhibit her garden, visual abstracted florals. Through April 29. Contact Cheryl Hill 503-656-7853.