THURSDAY, APRIL 28
· HAPPY HOUR WITH THE WL CHAMBER - 4:30 to 6 p.m., Sandoval's Mexican Kitchen, 1849 Willamette Falls Drive.
· MARYLHURST TOASTMASTERS - 6:30 p.m., Baxter Hall, Marylhurst University. Visit www.marylhursttoastmasters.org.
· WEST LINN RIVERVIEW LIONS CLUB - 6:30 p.m., West Linn Adult Community Center. Meeting and dinner. Contact 503-657-8290.
· SCHOOL BOARD CANDIDATE FORUM - 7 to 8:30 p.m., Waluga Junior High Library. Public invited.
FRIDAY, APRIL 29
· WALLMASTERS TOASTMASTERS - 6:30 a.m., TOC Management Services, 6825 S.W. Sandburg Rd., Tigard. Contact Megan 503-550-6572.
· LUNCH WITH THE CHAMBER - 11:30 a.m to 1 p.m., Basil's Kitchen at Crowne Plaza Hotel, 14811 Kruse Oaks Blvd. Reservations: Erin Charles, 503-675-7000.
· LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS CLACKAMAS COUNTY LUNCH AND LEARN - 11:30 a.m Szechuan Kitchen, 15450 Boones Ferry Road. Speaker Greg Macpherson, 'PERS - the Tyrannosaurus Rex in the Room.' $12. Reservations were due by April 27. 503-636-3342.
SATURDAY, APRIL 30
· WALK4WATER4 (WATER AFRICA) - 8:30 a.m. registration; walk begins 9 a.m. Foothills Park. Fees to register. Info: http://www.waterafrica.org/W4W.html.
· LAKE GROVE GARDEN CLUB 86th ANNUAL PLANT SALE - 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wizer's Oswego Foods Mall, 330 1st St. Proceeds support local programs. 503-675-0173.
· COMMUNITY SHRED DAY- 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. West End Building Parking Lot, 4101 Kruse Way. Participants encouraged to bring canned food for Oregon Food Bank. 503-635-0286.
· DRUG TAKE BACK AND SHRED DAY - 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. West Linn Police Department, 22825 Willamette Dr. 503-657-0331.
· HUGHES WATER GARDEN- 10 a.m. 25289 S.W. Stafford Road, Tualatin. Free class: Building ponds, waterfalls. 503-638-1709.
· CAMPOREE SERVICE PROJECT - 2 to 4 p.m. Milo McIver State Park, Estacada. For all scouts in Lake Oswego and West Linn.
MONDAY, MAY 2
· MONDAY VOLUNTEER GROUP - 8:30 a.m. to noon, Mary S. Young State Park. Meet at tool shed in gravel parking lot. Bring work gloves. Tools provided. 503-803-0678 or 503-636-0134.
· LOACC COMPUTER USER GROUP - 9 a.m. Library programming - Stitch one, pearl two - arts and crafts on the Web.
· JOB SEEKERS SUPPORT GROUP - 4 to 6 p.m. Marylhurst University, Baxter Hall. 503-699-6271.
· LAKE OSWEGO TOASTMASTERS - 6:30 to 8 p.m., 17377 S.W. Boones Ferry Rd. #200. For information call David Jamieson, 503-310-3495 or visit www.LakeOswegoToastmasters.com
TUESDAY, MAY 3
· WEST LINN CHAMBER - 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oregon Golf Club. Lunch forum: 'Making Your Small Business BIG on the Internet' with Michelle Brubaker. 503-655-6744.
· NEXT STEPS AGAINST CANCER: NUTRITION, EXERCISE AND NATURAL MEDICINE - Noon to 1:30 p.m., Providence Willamette Falls Medical Center, Room 4, 1500 Division St., Oregon City.
· WEST LINN/OREGON CITY CHESS CLUB - 7 to 10 p.m., Pioneer Adult Community Center, in the basement. All are welcome; chessboards available. Contact Brian Berger 503-744-0997.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 4
· PARENT-CHILD COMMUNITY PLAYGROUP - 10 to 11:30 a.m. Sunset Fire Hall, 2215 Long St., West Linn. Snack provided, parents must stay with children. Free. Contact Wendy, 503-655-8601.
· COFFEE WITH WL COUNCILOR JENNI TAN - 10 to 11:30 a.m. Robinwood Starbucks.
· CHILD ADVOCATES INC. (CASA OF CLACKAMAS COUNTY) - 6 to 7 p.m. 1001 S.W. Molalla Ave., Suite 203, Oregon City. Information session for becoming a court-appointed advocate. 503-723-0521 or www.casa-cc.org.
· OSWEGO HERITAGE COUNCIL FIRST WEDNESDAY - 7 to 8 p.m. 398 10th St. Speaker is Phil Chek, 'Lake Oswego Architecture and His Special Project.'
· SKYLANDS NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7:30 p.m. Lakeridge High School Rotunda. Election of officers and other matters.
THURSDAY, MAY 5
· NEWCOMERS WELCOME CLUB OF LAKE OSWEGO, WEST LINN AND SURROUNDING AREAS - 10:30 a.m. new member coffee. For location call Kathy, 503-344-4827. Website www.newcomerswelcomeclub.org.