- Lake Oswego Review - News
THURSDAY, JAN. 3
· NEWCOMERS WELCOME CLUB MEET AND GREET- If you are a newcomer, have had a lifestyle change, or are looking for a friendly social organization to become involved in, contact 503-495-3841 or visit www.NewcomersWelcomeClub.org.
· TALK ABOUT MOVIES - LAKE OSWEGO LIBRARY - 12 noon in the library Conference Room. Discussion about any movie related to the holidays.
· TANNER BASIN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION MEETING - 7 p.m., West Linn City Hall.
FRIDAY, JAN. 4
· WALLMASTERS TOASTMASTERS - 6:45 a.m., TOC Management Services, 6825 SW Sandburg Rd., Tigard. Contact: Megan 503-550-6572 or www.wallmasters.org.
· JOB FINDERS SUPPORT GROUP - 12 - 2:00 p.m., Capitol Hill Library, 10723 SW Capitol Highway, Portland. Free and open to the public. Contact: 503-684-3581.
SATURDAY, JAN. 5
· MARY S. YOUNG PARK IVY PULL - 9 a.m. at the park, 19900 Willamette Dr., West Linn.
· LAKE OSWEGO NEIGHBORHOOD ACTION COALITION (LONAC) MEETING - 9:30 a.m. at the Oswego Heritage House, 10th and A Ave. Open to all for discussion of city and neighborhood issues.
SUNDAY, JAN. 6
· WEST LINN LIBRARY ARTISTS RECEPTION - 2 p.m. Featured artist: Kathie McEvers, watercolorist.
· STYROFOAM RECYCLING DAY - 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Waluga Jr. High School. PC Plastics will be collecting holiday packaging (dry styrofoam, not food packaging) to turn back into useable plastic pellets. Cost: $5 per carload, half of which will be donated to fund school programs. Volunteers needed to work 3 hour shifts (9 a.m. 12 p.m. and 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.). Contact: Doug Rich 503-680-0525.
MONDAY, JAN. 7
· LOACC-CLC USERS GROUP - 9:30 a.m. Library's Historic Photos Site presented by Jane Carr, Reference Librarian. Q and A sessions start at 9 a.m. for anyone with a personal computer problem they need help with.
TUESDAY, JAN. 8
· ROBINWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION MEETING - 7 p.m. at Emmanuel Presbyterian Church, West Linn.
· SUNSET NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION MEETING - 7 p.m. at West Linn City Hall.
· LAKE OSWEGO LIBRARY ADVISORY BOARD MEETING - 6 p.m. at the Lake Oswego Library, 706 Fourth St.
· BALANCE AND HEARING LOSS PROGRAM - 4 - 5:30 p.m. at the Lake Oswego Adult Community Center, 505 G Ave. Holly Hamilton, PT of Southwest Family Physicians will speak about hearing loss, the affects on balance and pro-active measures that can improve stability.
· PALISADES GARDEN CLUB - Call for information on time and place: Pat Wagner, 503-636-5338.
· NEWCOMERS WELCOME CLUB MONTHLY LUNCHEON - Social and philanthropic organization for newcomers or those in a lifestyle change. For information on place and time contact Noelle McEwen at 503-495-3841 or visit www.NewcomersWelcomeClub.org.
· STAFFORD TUALATIN CPO MEETING - 7:30 p.m. at Stafford Elementary School, West Linn.
WEDNESDAY, JAN. 9
· ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES STUDY GROUP - 6:45 p.m., West Linn Library.
THURSDAY, JAN. 10
· FRIENDS OF TUALATIN RIVER NATIONAL WILDLIFE REFUGE MEETING - 7 to 9 p.m. at the Wildlife Center at 19255 SW Pacific Hwy in Sherwood.
· LAKE FOREST NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION BOARD MEETING - 7 p.m. at Rivergrove Elementary School, Lake Oswego.
· OLD TOWN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION BOARD MEETING - 7:30 p.m. For information on meeting location, contact Jeannie McGuire, chair. 503-697-3327.
Send news of your event to What's Happening, Review/Tidings, P.O. Box 548, Lake Oswego, OR 97034. Deadline for submissions is noon Friday before the next publication date.