THURSDAY, JAN. 10
· LAKE FOREST NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION BOARD MEETING - 7 p.m. at Rivergrove Elementary School, Lake Oswego.
· OLD TOWN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION BOARD MEETING - 7:30 p.m. For information on meeting location, contact Jeannie McGuire, chair. 503-697-3327.
· NEWCOMERS WELCOME CLUB MONTHLY LUNCHEON - Social and philanthropic organization for newcomers or those in a lifestyle change. For information on place and time contact Noelle McEwen at 503-495-3841 or visit www.NewcomersWelcomeClub.org.
· LOACC - MAC USER GROUP - 9:30 a.m. 'Show and tell', new MAC equipment, ipods, Uli's Moose.
· 50+ ADVISORY BOARD - 8:30 a.m., West End Building, second floor, 4101 Kruse Way.
FRIDAY, JAN. 11
· WALLMASTERS TOASTMASTERS - 6:45 a.m., TOC Management Services, 6825 SW Sandburg Rd., Tigard. Contact: Megan 503-550-6572 or www.wallmasters.org.
· JOB FINDERS SUPPORT GROUP - 12 - 2:00 p.m., Capitol Hill Library, 10723 SW Capitol Highway, Portland. Free and open to the public. Contact: 503-684-3581.
· GAME CLUB FOR KIDS WITH ASPERGER'S SYNDROME - 6:30 to 10 p.m., West Linn Lutheran Church, 20390 Willamette Dr. Kids with Asperger's and HFA have fun playing Nintendo, Play Station, Pokemon and board games. Parents must supervise children. For information: 503-656-6026.
SATURDAY, JAN. 12
· LEAGUE OF WEST LINN NEIGHBORHOODS - 11:30 a.m., Market of Choice, West Linn. Contact: Julia Simpson 503-655-9819.
MONDAY, JAN. 14
· LOACC-CLC USERS GROUP - 9:30 a.m. Turbo Tax 1 with Richard Steingraber. Q and A sessions start at 9 a.m. for anyone with a personal computer problem they need help with.
TUESDAY, JAN. 15
· HIDDEN SPRINGS NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION MEETING - 7 p.m., Adult Community Center.
· WILLAMETTE CENTENNIAL COMMITTEE MEETING - 7 p.m., Methodist Church.
WEDNESDAY, JAN. 16
· PRESCHOOL FORUM - 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., West End Building, Willamette Room, 4101 Kruse Way. Representatives from area preschools to provide a brief overview of teaching philosophies and programs. For more information visit www.LOmoms.com.
· MEETING THE CHALLENGES OF THE GOLDEN YEARS - 12:30 p.m., West Linn Adult Community Center, 1180 Rosemont Rd. Medicare specialist will help with Medicare Advantage plans. Reverse Mortgage specialist to discuss numerous products available. Reservations: 503-890-8716.
· ROSEMONT SUMMIT NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION MEETING - 7 p.m., West Linn City Hall.
· BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS OF THE RIVERGROVE WATER DISTRICT - 3 p.m. at the District Office, 17661 Pilkington Rd.
THURSDAY, JAN. 17
· PALISADES NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION GENERAL MEETING - 7 p.m., Lakeridge High School.
· LAKE GROVE GARDEN CLUB - 11 a.m., Lake Oswego Heritage House, 10th and A Ave. Program: Armchair Travel, featuring John Sanders. Information: 503-675-0173.
· LAKEWOOD CENTER ASSOCIATES MONTHLY MEETING - 10 a.m., Lakewood Center, 368 S. State St. Coffee and business meeting followed by Lake Oswego Library Director, Bill Barrs, and LCA member and library volunteer coordinator, Cyndie Glazer, discuss 'Oswego Reads'. Copies of this year's book, Three Cups of Tea, will be distributed. Open to the public. Reservations for lunch 503-699-5536. Cost: $8.
Send news of your event to What's Happening, Review/Tidings, P.O. Box 548, Lake Oswego, OR 97034. Deadline for submissions is noon Friday before the next publication date.