- Lake Oswego Review - News
· PALISADES NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION GENERAL MEETING - 7 p.m., Lakeridge High School.
· LAKE GROVE GARDEN CLUB - 11 a.m., Lake Oswego Heritage House, 10th and A Ave. Program: Armchair Travel, featuring John Sanders. Information: 503-675-0173.
· LAKEWOOD CENTER ASSOCIATES MONTHLY MEETING - 10 a.m., Lakewood Center, 368 S. State St. Coffee and business meeting followed by Lake Oswego Library Director, Bill Barrs, and LCA member and library volunteer coordinator, Cyndie Glazer, discuss 'Oswego Reads'. Copies of this year's book, Three Cups of Tea, will be distributed. Open to the public. Reservations for lunch 503-699-5536. Cost: $8.
· ROLLING HILLS COMMUNITY CHURCH - Women of Worth Ministry luncheon 'New Year's Fiesta' from 12 to 2 p.m. Open to women 50, 60,70 or better. Cost: $10. Information: Marge Mares 503-635-5639.
· ROSEWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION/COMMUNITY PLANNING ORGANIZATION BOARD AND PLAN COMMITTEE - 7 p.m. at River Grove School library at 5850 McEwan.
FRIDAY, JAN. 18
· WALLMASTERS TOASTMASTERS - 6:45 a.m., TOC Management Services, 6825 SW Sandburg Rd., Tigard. Contact: Megan 503-550-6572 or www.wallmasters.org.
· JOB FINDERS SUPPORT GROUP - 12 - 2:00 p.m., Capitol Hill Library, 10723 SW Capitol Highway, Portland. Free and open to the public. Contact: 503-684-3581.
MONDAY, JAN. 21
· LOACC-CLC USERS GROUP - 9:30 a.m. Turbo Tax 2 with Richard Steingraber. Q and A sessions start at 9 a.m.
· STAFFORD HAMLET COMMUNITY/BOARD MEETING - 7- 9 p.m., West Linn Adult Community Center. Update by MIG on planning process and report of shareholder meetings.
· BOLTON NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m., Bolton Primary School Cafetorium. Tualatin Valley Fire facilities director, Gary Wells, with updates on progress to new Bolton Fire Station. Information about opening of Blue Sage Café.
TUESDAY, JAN. 22
· CAREGIVER SUPPORT GROUP - 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. at the Lake Oswego Adult Community Center. Designed for family members caring for older adults with memory problems due to Alzheimer's disease or related dementias.
· MARYLHURST NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION MEETING - 7 p.m., West Linn Adult Community Center, 1180 Rosemont Road.
· OLD TIME FAIR COMMITTEE MEETING - 7 p.m., West Linn City Hall.
· MAKE YOUR BUSINESSS GREAT IN 2008! INS AND OUTS OF MORTGAGES - 3 to 5 p.m., Crowne Plaza Hotel, 14811 Kruse Oaks Dr., Lake Oswego. Presentation by mortgage professionals and Kathie England, professional organizer and time management coach. Hosted by First Pacific Mortgage. RSVP: 503-670-9515.
WEDNESDAY, JAN. 23
· LAKE OSWEGO SOCCER CLUB ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING - 7 p.m., LOSC Office, 425 Second St. Alley.
THURSDAY, JAN. 24
· CLACKAMAS COUNTY NETWORKING INFORMATION AND REFERRAL MEETING - 7:30 a.m. at Pioneer Community Center in Oregon City. For more information contact Molly Cunningham 503-650-5738.
· LAKE GROVE VILLAGE CENTER ADVISORY COMMITTEE - Public is invited to an Open House from 5 to 8 p.m. in the Council Chambers, LO City Hall, to discuss the proposed Lake Grove Village Center Plan. For more information go to www.ci.oswego.or.us/plan/casef.htm.
· LAKE OSWEGO CHAMBER - SCORE 'KEY SUCCESS FACTORS' WORKSHOP - 6 p.m. Chamber Office. Griff Lindell, SCORE counselor, to discuss small businesses and employee goals of equity, achievement and camaraderie. Two-hour workshop is free, limited to 10 Chamber members. Call 503-636-3634 to reserve.
Send news of your event to What's Happening, Review/Tidings, P.O. Box 548, Lake Oswego, Ore., 97034. Deadline for submissions is noon Friday before the next publication date.