Five in C.H.S. 16th Hall of Fame induction
- The Bee - News
Friday, February 22nd, marks the annual Cleveland (previously Commerce) High School Athletic Hall of Fame induction ceremony. Four noteworthy alumni and a coach will be honored at three separate events that day.
At the Scholar-Athlete Breakfast at the Eastmoreland Grill, which is held to recognize those student athletes who earned a 3.5 GPA or higher during the first semester, the Hall of Fame inductees will also be recognized.
On the evening of the 22nd, just before the Varsity basketball game, a reception will be held at 6 pm in Cleveland High's main hall, where the school's Athletic Hall of Fame is on display. Students, parents, and community members are invited to attend and meet the honored recipients.
Then, at halftime of the Varsity basketball game, which begins at 7:30 pm, the inductees will receive acknowledgements and a Hall of Fame plaque. These inductees are:
· Chris Burgess, award-winning Dance Team coach, 1979-2008
· Jim Clair, 1968 graduate and outstanding basketball and baseball athlete
· Lorna Tramblay Henry, 1958 graduate and outstanding swimmer
· Dennis Maloney, 1960 graduate and outstanding football and track athlete
· Judith Martin Morgan, 1958 graduate and outstanding swimmer