Featured Stories

Other Pamplin Media Group sites

Fire damages home on Jean Road Friday

by: Gert Zoutendijk, 
This kitchen on Jean Road was a total loss in a house fire Friday evening. Overall, damages were estimated at $72,000.

No one was injured in a kitchen fire at 4725 Jean Road last Friday. The fire caused an estimated $72,000 in damage to the house.

The fire was caused by a cooking error, according to Lake Oswego Deputy Fire Marshal Chuck Chaffin.

The fire was reported just before 5:30 p.m. and was only two blocks away from the Jean Road Fire Station.

Firefighters arrived in three minutes from receiving the call and saw smoke coming from the attic vents of the house. The owner of the house, 81-year-old Audrey Chapman, was found outside of the home and was not injured.

Smoke and heat traveled throughout the house, causing the extensive damage. The fire was under control in approximately 20 minutes.

Lake Oswego Fire Department had three fire engines, one ladder truck, one battalion chief and two investigators. Local crews were assisted by Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue.