- Lake Oswego Review - News
THURSDAY, FEB. 7
· MARYLHURST TOASTMASTERS OPEN HOUSE - 6:30 to 8 p.m., Marylhurst University, Marian Hall. Light refreshments. Information call Nathan Pylate at 503-984-6445.
· PROFESSIONAL FOOT CARE - Licensed nurse provides foot soak and cleaning, toenail trimming, calluses, massage. Carman Oaks Salon, 3800 Carman Dr. Information and appointments call Adventist Health 503-636-3800. Accepted Insurances: Healthcare Resources NW. Cost: $30 in salon, $45 in your own home.
· NEWCOMERS WELCOME CLUB MEET AND GREET - If you are a newcomer, have had a lifestyle change or are looking for a friendly social organization contact 503-495-3841 or visit www.NewcomersWeclomeClub.org.
FRIDAY, FEB. 8
· WALLMASTERS TOASTMASTERS - 6:45 a.m., TOC Management Services, 6825 SW Sandburg Rd., Tigard. Contact: Megan 503-550-6572 or www.wallmasters.org.
· JOB FINDERS SUPPORT GROUP - 12 - 2:00 p.m., Capitol Hill Library, 10723 SW Capitol Highway, Portland. Free and open to the public. Contact: 503-684-3581.
· GAME CLUB FOR KIDS WITH ASPERGER'S SYNDROME - 6:30 to 10 p.m., West Linn Lutheran Church, 20390 Willamette Dr. Nintendo 64, Play Station, Gameboy and board games. Parents must supervise their children at all times. Contact: Michelle Kuepker, 503-656-6026.
· TASTE OF CENTRAL ASIA AT NEW SEASONS MARKET - 4 to 7 p.m. As part of the LO Reads program, New Seasons in Mt. Park will offer complimentary samples of food from Central Asia and tea. Library staff will be on hand to answer questions about the book, Three Cups of Tea.
· THREE CUPS OF TEA BOOK DISCUSSION - 1 p.m. at Lake Oswego Adult Community Center. Reservation: 503-534-5665.
SATURDAY, FEB. 9
· AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF UNIVERSITY WOMEN - 9:30 a.m., Club House of the Oswego Point Condominiums, 5062 Foothills Dr., Lake Oswego. Featured speaker, Judy Snyder, will provide updates on recent developments in discrimination law as it applies to women. Contact: Pat Filip 503-656-9529.
· PLASTICS RECYCLING EVENT - 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., West End Building, 4101 Kruse Way. Contact: Robyn Christie at 503-675-3984.
· CHILD SAFETY SEAT CLINIC - 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Main Fire Station, 200 B St. Contact: Police Department Records 503-635-0250.
· WEST LINN LIONS KRAUT AND SAUSAGE FEED - 3 to 8 p.m., Church of the Resurrection Hall, 21060 SW Stafford Rd., Tualatin. Featuring Oregon Polkabeats and Tirolean Dancers. Cost: $10 individual and $30 family. Contact: Mike Watters 503-557-7529.
SUNDAY, FEB. 10
· TIBETAN MONKS PERFORM CHANTS AND SONGS - 9 a.m. and 11 a.m., Unity World Healing Center, 366 3rd St., Lake Oswego. Gifts for sale. Monks are touring to raise money for hospital in India. Open to the public.
MONDAY, FEB. 11
· LOACC-CLC USERS GROUP - 9:30 a.m. Google Earth with Mark Matson.
TUESDAY, FEB. 12
· ROBINWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m., Cedar Oak School, West Linn.
· PALISADES GARDEN CLUB - For time and location of meeting call Pat Wagner at 503-636-5338.
· STAFFORD TUALATIN CPO MEETING - 7:30 p.m., Stafford Elementary School, 19875 SW Stafford Rd., West Linn.
· GRIEF SUPPORT GROUP - 1:30 TO 3 P.M., Willamette Falls Hospital Community Health Education Center, 519 15th St., Oregon City. 'Understanding your Grief' class is a prerequisite. Contact: Joanne Petrie 503-655-7581.
· CLACKAMAS COUNTY HEARING LOSS ASSOCIATION - 4 to 5:30 p.m. Educational and supportive group for hearing impaired and families. Speakers scheduled monthly; programs are live-captioned. Lake Oswego Adult Community Center.
· SCRABBLE CLUB - 6:45 p.m., Lakewood Center for the Arts. Club meets weekly. Contact Ruth Hamilton 503-675-7663.
· WOMEN ENTREPRENEURS OF OREGON DINNER - 5:45 to 8:30 p.m., Kell's Irish Restaurant and Pub, 112 SW Second Ave., Portland. 'Crucial Listening Skills for Doing Business' presented by Gloria Bryen and 'Perfecting your Business Voice' presented by Lauren Bishop. Cost: $25 members/$35 non-members. After Feb. 7, $35 members/$50 non-members. Reservations 503-229-3819.
· THREE CUPS OF TEA BOOK DISCUSSION - 10 a.m. at Chuck's Cookies and Coffee, 430 5th St., Lake Oswego. Reservation: 503-534-5665.
WEDNESDAY, FEB. 13
· WILLAMETTE NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m. at Willamette Primary School Library, West Linn.
THURSDAY, FEB. 14
· MAC USER GROUP - 12:30 p.m., Lake Oswego Adult Community Center.
· OLD TOWN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION BOARD MEETING - 7:30 p.m. For information on meeting location, contact Jeannie McGuire, 503-697-3327.
· NEWCOMERS WELCOME CLUB MONTHLY LUNCHEON - Social and philanthropic group for newcomers, those that have had a lifestyle change, or someone looking for a friendly social organization. Contact Noelle McEwen at 503-495-3841 for time and location of luncheon.
· MARYLHURST TOASTMASTERS - 6:30 to 8 p.m., Marylhurst University, Marian Hall. Contact: Nathan Pylate at 503-984-6445.
Send news of your event to What's Happening, Review/Tidings, P.O. Box 548, Lake Oswego, Ore., 97034. Deadline for submissions is noon Friday before the next publication date.